+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top earners league two .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Top earners league two .

Notts at 10 min 13 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N23WOO0t6o

Crazy. What a waste of money.

I'd rather just have a small squad of decent L2 players thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Crazy. What a waste of money.

I'd rather just have a small squad of decent L2 players thanks.

5k and he doesn’t even have a pair of legs ?

Intresting if it’s true.

£5,000 a week (£260,000 a year) for David Vaughan. What a complete waste of money. Hes made 7 appearances and 0 goals so it’s cost the club £37,000 every time he has played. That’s enough to pay Macclesfield or Morecombes entire starting match day squad for two games.

He’s not even a striker.

Notice that Adam Collin is on £1,500 a week at Carlisle along with Gary Liddle.

For such a major position in the team (and in hindsight) Adam Collin should not have been allowed to leave last summer. That is £78,000 a year. If Fitzsimmons and Scofield were on half of Collins wages that would be £39,000 a year saved from our budget.

Was it really worth taking a key player out of a successful defence in hindsight? This is why we have ended up where we are. Bad decisions that ultimately could cost the club far more in the long term.

Also former players Francois Zoko and Carl Dickinson are Yeovil’s highest earners on £1,500 a week.

Up top Jon Akinde would have been a good replacement for Shola Ameobi and on £3,200 a week at Lincoln would have been money better spent to allow Adam Collin to stay at the club. Also we should have got Tyler Walker on loan from Forest for some energy and pace up top rather than David Vaughan.

It’s unbelievable that Macclesfield and Morecombes highest earners are on £1000 a week and we are below them in the table.

It just shows in hindsight how little value for money we’ve had this season and how bad our recruitment was, and we have chronically underachieved for the outlay.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post

It’s unbelievable that Macclesfield and Morecombes highest earners are on £1000 a week and we are below them in the table.
    I said on a different thread that if we'd signed Macc's entire starting 11 in early Jan and played them all each week, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have picked up as many points as Macc have since then. This is what I don't get about Notts - no matter what we do, we always end up messing it up, while other clubs just seem to get it right.

Look at Newport. They were streets ahead of us on Tuesday, with a squad that's probably cost half what ours did. Why can't we just assemble a normal-sized squad of decent lower-league players, and then get them playing in a way that causes the opposition problems? Why do we end up with overpaid wasters, players on their last legs, and youngsters who are clearly never going to make it - regardless of manager or owner?

I said on a different thread that if we'd signed Macc's entire starting 11 in early Jan and played them all each week, I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have picked up as many points as Macc have since then. This is what I don't get about Notts - no matter what we do, we always end up messing it up, while other clubs just seem to get it right.

Look at Newport. They were streets ahead of us on Tuesday, with a squad that's probably cost half what ours did. Why can't we just assemble a normal-sized squad of decent lower-league players, and then get them playing in a way that causes the opposition problems? Why do we end up with overpaid wasters, players on their last legs, and youngsters who are clearly never going to make it - regardless of manager or owner?
    Because the last two owners have written 5 yr business plans to the Championship then start to panic or lose patience. We don't seem to get owners who settle on getting the basics right and letting whatever success comes our way come our way. Remember all those "top 6 budgets". I can spend a lot of money on nothing just as well as AH has. I've said before most of us could spend however many millions to get us to the bottom of the leagues.

Yes it’s been like a disease at Notts with recruitment over the years. I’m taking that video with a pinch of salt as BFP says lots but it does kind of paint a picture of what many on here have been saying.

At the end of last season all we needed to do was make enhancements to the squad. A quality replacement for Shola Ameobi, Jorge Grant, Ryan Yates and a understudy to Jon Stead so he doesn’t have to play every week and some tinkering at the back. Instead we went for surgery and a change of philosophy.

It wouldn’t surprise me if all those players coming in on high wages like the Vaughan’s did not upset the dressing room dynamic.

Some clubs in that video (again taking it with a pinch of salt of it being correct) have three or four key players who are the clubs best all on the same wage and that for me helps to create a more balanced team and morale in a dressing room. I’d sooner have 5 key first team players on £2,500 a week for example, rather than one on £5,000 and then having to get rid of your first team goalkeeper who played most games the previous season who was reportedly on £1,500.

The club never learns as you say whoever is the manager or who owns it and that’s why we’ve ended up where we are bottom of the football league. Chronically wasting money season after season on signing players on large contracts, or who are passed it or will never go on to play at a higher level. I’m hoping Neal Ardley has done enough at the 11th hour to save us, but what’s gone before could end up costing us our league status.

Lot of “reportedly”, “rumoured”, and “apparentlys” in that video. Does it say anywhere where this info comes from?

Anyway, 5 grand a week to David Vaughan. That’s the best use of a wage since Sunderland started paying Jack Rodwell 70 grand a week.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Lot of “reportedly”, “rumoured”, and “apparentlys” in that video. Does it say anywhere where this info comes from?

Anyway, 5 grand a week to David Vaughan. That’s the best use of a wage since Sunderland started paying Jack Rodwell 70 grand a week.
    Absolutely right. No way on 5K .....

To be fair to the chairman/manager at the time they thought Vaughan would offer championship quality. Sadly, he just doesn't cut it anymore, although he was a cracking player back in the day. I think in the future we've got to be more careful about signing older players, ensure there not injury prone, have the right attitude etc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast