+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tom Watson.

Surprised at the lack of comment regarding the antics of Watsons's councillors on Sandwell MBC. If you have the time, Google "In the Public Domain-The Skidder"-very revealing stories on there.

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Went to my high school, was in my sisters year she said one word sums him up

KNOB
    Tom Watson is 52 years old.

You appear not to like him because you reckon he is still the same person he was when he was 14?

Do me a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    My MP and other than being a staunch remainer in a constituency that voted brexit by a large majority its an I'm out for me as these kind of MPs don't care for democracy
    Just looked up the word 'democracy' in the dictionary and you're right.

'Democracy'

Having a vote on something despite having no idea of how will be negotiated. Ensure that vote is littered with misleading statements and lies. And don't forget for it to be interfered with by foreign influence and is riddled by mis-spending by the side who marginally won that vote.

And then ensure the country is being held to the result of that vote, despite the Leave side not having a clear or coherent plan of how to implement a leave vote.

If you are one of those leave voters who would like to implement a no deal, make your feelings known and then shout at anyone who disagrees by labeling them 'anti-democratic'. For they clearly should know that the above is the very definition of 'democracy'.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Just looked up the word 'democracy' in the dictionary and you're right.

'Democracy'

Having a vote on something despite having no idea of how will be negotiated. Ensure that vote is littered with misleading statements and lies. And don't forget for it to be interfered with by foreign influence and is riddled by mis-spending by the side who marginally won that vote.

And then ensure the country is being held to the result of that vote, despite the Leave side not having a clear or coherent plan of how to implement a leave vote.

If you are one of those leave voters who would like to implement a no deal, make your feelings known and then shout at anyone who disagrees by labeling them 'anti-democratic'. For they clearly should know that the above is the very definition of 'democracy'.
    SHOCK HORROR! It's time for a vote and our representatives have lied to us! It's never happened before whatever next?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    Surprised at the lack of comment regarding the antics of Watsons's councillors on Sandwell MBC. If you have the time, Google "In the Public Domain-The Skidder"-very revealing stories on there.
    Very much this !!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    I've read the Skidder many times, there's some very revealing and damning commentary to be had.

Getting back on topic, I’m generally not one for sweeping judgements or character assassination but I have a few thoughts on why Tom Watson should never become leader of the Labour Party.

Firstly I wouldn’t entrust the safe keeping of a shopping list to the fingers of a man who until fairly recently hadn’t realised the sugar content of Coca Cola is printed on the side of the bottles he routinely guzzled from. So the thought of him thumbing through complex documentation as leader of the opposition and potentially our country makes me shudder. I am also of the opinion (and that’s all it is, an opinion) the bloke is a self-promoting, self-serving ego on legs and is an example of much that is wrong with politics today.

Like many MPs he seems to look out for himself and himself alone. His reluctance to speak out regarding the zealous excesses of Corbyn and McDonnell’s core support over the years is a damning indictment of his political responsibilities within the party. The fact he’s doing so now reeks of opportunism following recent developments. The bloke has about as much substance as a fart in the wind before a curry. He is currently an MP because many of the good people of West Bromwich would elect a rotting corpse were it adorned with a red Labour rosette.

Furthermore any politician so routinely photographed at events such as Glastonbury while trying to get down wiv da yoof cannot be taken seriously in any context. He is a publicity seeking ‘look at me’ lacking integrity and any real political direction or originality. He follows the herd and feeds off soundbites and the latest political trend.

Like Corbyn he is campaigner, not a leader. The fact one of them heads the Labour party while the other is deputy and could be regarded for the lead role are examples of how far off the political trail Labour have unfortunately fallen. Shame on those within the party and the trade unions for having facilitated this and then stood by to watch as events unfold, you’ve betrayed yourselves and millions of others with your complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Getting back on topic, I’m generally not one for sweeping judgements or character assassination but I have a few thoughts on why Tom Watson should never become leader of the Labour Party.

Firstly I wouldn’t entrust the safe keeping of a shopping list to the fingers of a man who until fairly recently hadn’t realised the sugar content of Coca Cola is printed on the side of the bottles he routinely guzzled from. So the thought of him thumbing through complex documentation as leader of the opposition and potentially our country makes me shudder. I am also of the opinion (and that’s all it is, an opinion) the bloke is a self-promoting, self-serving ego on legs and is an example of much that is wrong with politics today.

Like many MPs he seems to look out for himself and himself alone. His reluctance to speak out regarding the zealous excesses of Corbyn and McDonnell’s core support over the years is a damning indictment of his political responsibilities within the party. The fact he’s doing so now reeks of opportunism following recent developments. The bloke has about as much substance as a fart in the wind before a curry. He is currently an MP because many of the good people of West Bromwich would elect a rotting corpse were it adorned with a red Labour rosette.

Furthermore any politician so routinely photographed at events such as Glastonbury while trying to get down wiv da yoof cannot be taken seriously in any context. He is a publicity seeking ‘look at me’ lacking integrity and any real political direction or originality. He follows the herd and feeds off soundbites and the latest political trend.

Like Corbyn he is campaigner, not a leader. The fact one of them heads the Labour party while the other is deputy and could be regarded for the lead role are examples of how far off the political trail Labour have unfortunately fallen. Shame on those within the party and the trade unions for having facilitated this and then stood by to watch as events unfold, you’ve betrayed yourselves and millions of others with your complacency.
    What a brilliant piece.

Watson is a total opportunist.

When SKY put together that pitiful advert about “Leaders debates” this former fat Cnut piped up.....”and we should have a deputy leaders vote...I’d vote for that”.

Yes of course you would Tom and I’d vote for every bloke in the country to have at least one opportunity to s h a g Liz Hurley just to fit my agenda.

Getting thin is all about trying to improve his “visuals” because when he looked like Cyril Smith he thought nobody could see him as a leader.

Well Tom......you might drop enough weight to nick Mo Farrah’s job advertising Quorn and you still won’t be leader material.

Give it five years and a few failed leaders attempts and this chancer will be first in the late night kebab queue again!

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

That's a big 'Like' from me. Well said Albionic (you too Mick)

I've actually met Tom Watson and spent some time in his company.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)