+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Days

Dark Days

Gday all

After coming to terms with the loss to Sheff Utd, I beleive now Automatic Promotion has gone even with 12 games to go and even if we made it back to the prem we are certainly not going to stay there.

If we don,t go up we are in big trouble of just being a mid table championship club to avoiding relagation to league 1 and with an owner who paid over the odds to buy us I can,t see Mr lai getting us back up with his money,I can see us being sold again in the near future when we go down to League 1.

Darren Moore has his faults but he is merely the escape goat in all this,We have 4 or 5 loan players which we won,t have next season and players who will want to go if we don,t go up and then we have the has beens so where does that leave us not in a good picture if you ask me.

We need to beat leeds on friday if we don,t beat them Automatic promotion will certainly be gone and i don,t fancy us in the play offs either,but i will always support the baggies but may not stay up til the early hour of morning to listen or watch them as its to fustrating and making me very tired when they loose.
    All that said

COYB
    Start winning and get up

Dark days? Are you having a laugh?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Dark days? Are you having a laugh?
    No one was laughing yesterday, especially those who paid good money to see the same problems week in week out. Certainly was dark going home and the future does not look bright in my eyes with these two at the helm! Change the formation at home to 4-4-2 with Gayle playing in his proper position and don't have Livermore or Barry in the same starting line up. Then cut out the pissing around at the back as we don't have good enough players to do it - then perhaps days will become brighter.

Strange that - many are saying the same thing! A certain individual might realize too before the play offs are missed!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No one was laughing yesterday, especially those who paid good money to see the same problems week in week out. Certainly was dark going home and the future does not look bright in my eyes with these two at the helm! Change the formation at home to 4-4-2 with Gayle playing in his proper position and don't have Livermore or Barry in the same starting line up. Then cut out the pissing around at the back as we don't have good enough players to do it - then perhaps days will become brighter.

Strange that - many are saying the same thing! A certain individual might realize too before the play offs are missed!
    I think Stoke can use the term "Dark days" but even then its not life and death is it?

I think Stoke can use the term "Dark days" but even then its not life and death is it?
    Depends on your outlook really Boingy! If you are happy to see a good quality squad miss promotion because the manager is tactically inept then fine. Whatever floats your boat. Some even see no wrong in that evil bitch in Syria but the majority would lose no sleep if she had a bullit! Such is life.

So very true boingy!!

My perspective is simple. I want the Baggies to go up but I wont be throwing a rope over the rafters if we don't. Seen too much, expect nothing.

My perspective is simple. I want the Baggies to go up but I wont be throwing a rope over the rafters if we don't. Seen too much, expect nothing.
    My perspective is simple too Boingy! I work in a business which is sales driven, and for anyone who does not get results - they are shown the door! I pray Big Dave starts getting the results and we challenge for a top two place or play offs at the worst - if this is in doubt then get rid before it's too late! Hopefully, we will go to Leeds and get the win but can see Leeds winning tomorrow. Leeds have one day less to prepare than what Big Dave was having a whinge about, but for sure they will be fired up.

I do love helping out at charity shops though which is not results driven and full of delightful and lovely people.

No, I wouldn't call these 'Dark Days' by any means but a little bit of tweaking wouldn't go amiss. We should all agree that since Christmas our home form has been poor. As I've said before, sides visiting the Hawthorns have sussed us so we need to change. I feel the biggest problem is this playing out from the back. It just isn't working as we always make at least one bad error early on which leads to a goal and then we are playing catch up. I don't want to go back to Pulis style football but let's mix it up. If playing out from the back is on, then do so, but Johnstone is so fixated in this that if there isn't an obvious short pass on he takes an age to find one and then invariably loses possession.

I also feel that with the players that we have at our disposal 4-4-2 is a better system for us and yes, Gayle is completely wasted out wide. I understand that DM is thinking of altering certain aspects of our game so let's hope it's what most of us on here seem to be thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    No, I wouldn't call these 'Dark Days' by any means but a little bit of tweaking wouldn't go amiss. We should all agree that since Christmas our home form has been poor. As I've said before, sides visiting the Hawthorns have sussed us so we need to change. I feel the biggest problem is this playing out from the back. It just isn't working as we always make at least one bad error early on which leads to a goal and then we are playing catch up. I don't want to go back to Pulis style football but let's mix it up. If playing out from the back is on, then do so, but Johnstone is so fixated in this that if there isn't an obvious short pass on he takes an age to find one and then invariably loses possession.

I also feel that with the players that we have at our disposal 4-4-2 is a better system for us and yes, Gayle is completely wasted out wide. I understand that DM is thinking of altering certain aspects of our game so let's hope it's what most of us on here seem to be thinking.
    Yes we definitely have a problem with our home form. Teams do come here and set up to stop us scoring but we should be doing better. How many decades have I been saying that to myself though? When was the last time the Hawthorns was a fortress?.....worth a post I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)