+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Ict

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    You keep saying Safranko isn't a striker etc but how many chances have been made for him to score a goal? Strikers can't just magic a goal up from a punt coming down out of the floodlights ffs!! He needs far better service than what he's been getting
    The Ginger Prince managed it

United have only scored more than 2 goals per game twice this season in the league - against bottom team Thistle and part - time Alloa.

There is a definitely a problem with getting goals - but no problems for the opposition scoring against is, County, Ayr and Dunfermline have all managed between 3 - 5 goals against us .

You keep saying Safranko isn't a striker etc but how many chances have been made for him to score a goal? Strikers can't just magic a goal up from a punt coming down out of the floodlights ffs!! He needs far better service than what he's been getting
    Its a spor on comment Stoke. It wasnt a criticism as such as he has so much more to his game but no service no goals agree. My point is he needs more support and a real goalscorer beside him. But back to your point unless service then thats not going to change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Its a spor on comment Stoke. It wasnt a criticism as such as he has so much more to his game but no service no goals agree. My point is he needs more support and a real goalscorer beside him. But back to your point unless service then thats not going to change anything.
    I don't know what the answer is but Robbie's paid to find it!

Lets hope we just start to make chances score goals and give it a right good shot. And learn to win games on the tv that would be bloody good!!! Something still not right in the team. Robbie needs to fix that.

Cheers chick. If we could just stretch defences a little bit by using patience, play a man into the bye line to stand crosses up we have players like Safranko who will attack the ball and give you headed goals. (As Aird was doing to some extent) and players like Clark who will feed off the scraps. The 4231 formation isn't the problem really although more width would improve us, it's a lack of control, ball retention and movement which at the moment is really letting us down. Somewhere on another thread a poster highlighted how few goals we're scoring especially from open play and its because we dont create chances. Strikers can miss chances right enough but they dont score if there's no chances.
    We are creating chances in most games but seem unable to convert them. There is too much of a desire to walk through the opposition ala the great move that came off between Pawlett, Safranko, Robson and Smith v Falkirk. But we should have been home and hosed first half in that game, same with the first 25 minutes last Tuesday!

Aird was giving good service from the dead ball, but i can only remember 2 assists from open play. One where he was played in down the wing to cross for Curran, and a fantastic cross for Pavol. Any chance of beating a man was non existent and there was something seriously wrong just before his loan.
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 06-03-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    We are creating chances in most games but seem unable to convert them. There is too much of a desire to walk through the opposition ala the great move that came off between Pawlett, Safranko, Robson and Smith v Falkirk. But we should have been home and hosed first half in that game, same with the first 25 minutes last Tuesday!

Aird was giving good service from the dead ball, but i can only remember 2 assists from open play. One where he was played in down the wing to cross for Curran, and a fantastic cross for Pavol. Any chance of beating a man was non existent and there was something seriously wrong just before his loan.
    I wasn't putting up a case for Aird, just saying he did assist Safranko in his goal hunt. Maybe a bit of a red herring in my argument.

Unless I'm mistaken Chick we created 0 chances v ICT on Sunday. Mc Mullan shot from 20 odd yards parried away, that was it IIRC. We struggle to score. We can't put 3 passes together most of the time. Why is that? It worries me and i just don't understand it.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)