+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Ict

Frankly I thought today emphasised how suddenly important Calum Butcher has become in a very short period of time. There was nobody winning the ball and dominating the opposition in his absence. Bouhenna may have therefore been a better alternative than Fyvie today. But hey ho, life goes on and because we beat them on Tuesday night when it properly mattered then this nonsense today will be quickly forgotten after we hopefully win our next couple of league games and ICT have been scudded 6 zip by Sevco in the semi.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Inverness wanted it more. We were poor. Highlights our weak areas and should be used as a opportunity to improve. Not the end of the world....an opportunity missed but the league is our priority. We are constantly poor when the fans back the team and tv cameras are on us.....this is something that will have to change if we make the play offs.
    A chance to put things right on Saturday though!
    Exactly, as soon as I saw the big crowd I thought uh oh! Why do other teams get a lift from a big crowd but our players can't handle it?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm over the moon but like I said earlier nor am I gutted about dodging a midweek replay in Inversneckie and a possible semi final horsing from Sevco or Septic.

It's the league guys - we beat them when we needed on Tuesday. End of.
    Yip

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Last thread a bit hard on Robbie, when the team was announced I was quite happy, players at fault not the manager.
    Agree with most of that but Robbie started Fyvie who is clearly miles off the pace and 100%not match ready (will he ever get up to speed?)

We have absolutely no width which is our biggest problem imo. Our best wide player (Pawlett - who has no pace) was fkn stinkin today.

That was fkn woeful today so where do we go from here? I'd give pass marks to the goalkeeper and Robson and that it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Frankly I thought today emphasised how suddenly important Calum Butcher has become in a very short period of time. There was nobody winning the ball and dominating the opposition in his absence. Bouhenna may have therefore been a better alternative than Fyvie today. But hey ho, life goes on and because we beat them on Tuesday night when it properly mattered then this nonsense today will be quickly forgotten after we hopefully win our next couple of league games and ICT have been scudded 6 zip by Sevco in the semi.
    The game was definitely lost in midfield today but imo the lack of width is killing us.

Butcher has done ok for us since his return without being spectacular but that's definitely better than what Fyvie is offering just now. Is he finished? He looks like he's eternally towig a caravan.

As above absolutely no width, we seem to try and play in a 10 yard wide pitch, when there was acres of space on the flanks. Nobody wants to shoot, instead another pointless pass. Bottom line not good enough. Credit to ICT, they played to win and looked fitter, we seemed just to want to bore the opposition to death and the fans! we know the league is the priority but play like this and we won't be worrying about promotion either!

I agree being out the cup is not end of world bt We were awful again yesterday.

Robbie did well in jan window bt the last few games including Tuesdays game we have not played well. If Robbie can’t get the team motivated enough to play in front of good home crowd, and can’t get the basic team selection ie playing fyvie or basic tactics right, then questions will eventually have to be asked. I can’t see new owner managing director and co accepting this giving their aspirations.

There's a lot of expectation on the players, we're expected to get promoted, we were expected to get past ICT in the quarters.
    Are the players nervous & not dealing with the weight of expectation?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    There's a lot of expectation on the players, we're expected to get promoted, we were expected to get past ICT in the quarters.
    I think there is a lot of truth in this. Basically, by being the biggest Club in this league the pressure is all on us to do well. This pressure will continue to build. Yesterday, ICT were incentivised and highly motivated. Probably the expectations on United took the wind out of our sails. Mind you, Celtic face the same problem week in week out and it is no big deal. However, they have quality players who can still do good on a bad day. The standard of player we have is little better than those we are competing against, so the pressure and expectations can be like a 12th or even 13th man for the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    If that's the case we have the wrong players.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)