+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ict

Second half was an improvement when Fyvie went off and McMullan came on to give us some width. Once again we can't play against a team that's up in our faces. Ball was given away too cheaply and too many punts up the park to waiting ICT players. We only looked dangerous when we got the ball on the deck. Fyvie was a waste of space. Too scared of getting injured. Smith and Pawlett both played out of position in my opinion as they gave us nothing played out wide. Very hard to take that losing Butcher made such a difference and it's going to be a tough run in to the end of the season. Absolutely sick at losing that today.
    Last edited by Arabdad; 03-03-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

First 45 mins of punting the ball up the park to a lone striker who was marked by 3 defenders was the wrong tactic.

Change of formation if the 2nd half was an improvement, but too many balls lost from basic thrown ins ( why no long throws into the penalty box ) - thats how Inverness got their winner.

Also, too many slack balls and distribution of passes made things easier for Inverness.

The play offs are going to be just as difficult.

Let's be honest,, after tuesday we thought with an even bigger support we would do them over, I certainly did, when they won the toss to play up the slope first half we were booing, WHY cause we think that's against us, well ICT proved differently, totally out played us in the first half, Robbie said midweek we have to get the ball down and play football, well the players werent listening, we got what we deserved and I sincerely hope we learn from this hoof up the park nonsense or we have no chance of premiership football next year. Cmon united far.

Absolute pathetic performance from start to finish. A yard off the pace , ICT actually looked fitter than us. Bullied all over the park defence couldn't cope with there strikers, not once did we have any period of dominance in the game . Couldn't pass or do the basics. Be a phucking miracle if we go up playing like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
    Let's be honest,, after tuesday we thought with an even bigger support we would do them over, I certainly did, when they won the toss to play up the slope first half we were booing, WHY cause we think that's against us, well ICT proved differently, totally out played us in the first half, Robbie said midweek we have to get the ball down and play football, well the players werent listening, we got what we deserved and I sincerely hope we learn from this hoof up the park nonsense or we have no chance of premiership football next year. Cmon united far.
    So many people around me in the George Fox constantly shouting at the GK and defence to get it up the park instead of passing it about. Really frustrating to have people get on the players back for this. When they did resort to a long ball it was more often than not ineffective. The same people then get on the players back for playing wasteful long balls!

Negativity and booing when going 1 down is so counter productive especially when you consider where United have been. Hard to believe how bad that League Cup campaign was so Quarter Final is not bad really

Good turnout and atmosphere - brilliant to have fans at both ends with songs being echoed!

****in depressing how far we've fallen. The players we have now are pretty pathetic, they're not even youngsters from the youth team we can get behind. I'll admit this post is after a few beers, but that performance was just rank. Lucky to get the pen, and apart from that there was nothing. Neilson must be a bit worried about his position, if he's not able to organise an effective team he'll be out the door. And after today's evidence nobody would be sad to see him go.

That was Shiite today but if we get promoted who gives a duck.

Last thread a bit hard on Robbie, when the team was announced I was quite happy, players at fault not the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm over the moon but like I said earlier nor am I gutted about dodging a midweek replay in Inversneckie and a possible semi final horsing from Sevco or Septic.

It's the league guys - we beat them when we needed on Tuesday. End of.
    This Exactly.

3points much more important on Tuesday for me. Disappointing but we now concentrate on the league without distractions.

Quote Originally Posted by antoinepreget View Post
    So many people around me in the George Fox constantly shouting at the GK and defence to get it up the park instead of passing it about. Really frustrating to have people get on the players back for this. When they did resort to a long ball it was more often than not ineffective. The same people then get on the players back for playing wasteful long balls!

Negativity and booing when going 1 down is so counter productive especially when you consider where United have been. Hard to believe how bad that League Cup campaign was so Quarter Final is not bad really

Good turnout and atmosphere - brilliant to have fans at both ends with songs being echoed!
    Didnt matter what we did, we were just as bad whether we were playing out from the back or punting it up to Safranko. Whatever we did, it usually ended up back at our keeper more often than not!

Not that im too bothered we are out, but the players didnt seem to be putting in the same effort as Tuesday.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)