+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ict

we aint winning league and aint going up on this. Not being negative but this is a next year project unless we fluke it. Bizarre gibven all the new players we have

F###k me, just as well we didn't lose tonight......

I have a novel ideal that we talk about the game!

That was bloody hard going at times and we should have scored from any of the 3 chances within the first 6 minutes! Really thought it wasnt our night when Pawletts charge down went by the post! My frustration was summed up in the second half when Clark and Safranko dummied the ball and Pawlett wasnt ready. Then it was thank you Coll!

Siegrist i think had his best game tonight and made 2 saves that were worthy of the best in the world! But he did have a wobble that came to nothing, but there are many in our past who have made more mistakes and are legends!

Seaman is improving with every game and ran himself into the ground.

Harkes though i have to disagree with someone above as he didnt live up to the expectation i had of him. Will become a great if he is given the chance and support. Butcher strolled it tonight, maybe too much at times and there seemed to be lots of stray balls from the 2 of them. Nesbitt i am worried about as he seems to have hurt himself and played on with it.

Special mention has to go to my MotM who was Jamie Robson. I really did think the end was near for his time at United, but he seems to have taken his chance and it should be remembered how young he still is. He now needs to prove there is no bomb scare just round the corner and maybe should be dropped for Sunday to be fresh for the next league game.

Overall, must do better in front of goal and set us up better for the run in!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    we aint winning league and aint going up on this. Not being negative but this is a next year project unless we fluke it. Bizarre gibven all the new players we have
    Not like you to be so pessimistic SB. We started off really well again (like most games recently) and had 3-4 really decent chances which we never took (again). Fell away for 20 minutes before finishing the half reasonably.

Second half was (again) not as good which has been a common theme for the past month.

I hope he tweaks things for the cup game, we could do with a little freshen up, maybe Sow to start and Safranko our wide or just take our chances for once.

Reynolds looked rusty tonight, both fullbacks were good, understated performance from Butcher. Nicky Clark is really working hard and showing good quality, with each game he’s improving.

McMullan started off great then had a spell where he couldn’t do a thing right.

If we find the knack of converting our copious amount of good chances we can still win the league, failing that we will get 2nd which is a better place than the past two seasons.

I’m more scared of our ability to beat Ayr in a playoff than St Mirren or Accies.

Keep the faith SB71

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    holy f uck is that right Jez???
    I'm afraid so, see below offshore! Knowing what inverness have been like I was expecting yet another draw tbh. Happy with an ugly yet semi historic win!

26/02/19, 20:45 Dundee United - Inverness CT 1 : 0 (0 : 0) (1 : 0) 25. Gameday
    15/12/18, 16:00 Inverness CT - Dundee United 1 : 1 (1 : 0) (0 : 1) 17. Gameday
    20/10/18, 16:00 Dundee United - Inverness CT 1 : 1 (0 : 0) (1 : 1) 9. Gameday
    27/03/18, 20:45 Inverness CT - Dundee United 1 : 0 (1 : 0) (0 : 0) 31. Gameday
    17/03/18, 16:00 Dundee United - Inverness CT 1 : 1 (0 : 1) (1 : 0) 30. Gameday
    21/10/17, 16:00 Dundee United - Inverness CT 0 : 2 (0 : 2) (0 : 0) 10. Gameday
    05/08/17, 16:00 Inverness CT - Dundee United 0 : 1 (0 : 1) (0 : 0

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Good ane, Nesbitt is the weakest signing made. Just don’t see anything about him tbh.
    Fair comment.
    59 minutes, McMullan off Nesbitt on
    68 minutes Nesbitt wins penalty
    Clark scores.
    We win 1-0

Surely should be starting ahead of McMullan every time Ginger?

Not sure I agree with all the doom here. Not a great game, but ICT work to stop you playing. We largely out competed them and in spells played good stuff which against less solid defensive teams (including county) could well have resulted in more goals. ICT do not lose too often. Can't control what county do apart from when we play them. League is an uphill battle, but still plenty time to go. Just need to keep the pressure on and see what happens.

Fk me lads, how many times in the past 3 years have we been crying out for a team that can grind out a 1-0 win in difficult circumstances??
    Tonight was never going to be easy. Big 3 points in the bag.

Unfortunate Rossco won but we have to look after ourselves.

The matches v Rossco we need to win both now I’d say. It’s still doable but we need to win practically every match as it’s 8 pts gap if they win game in hand.

Players tonight...

Benji deserves a lot of credit. Tip over at end from Donaldson deflected shot was a relief.

Full backs were our best players.

Connolly did well. Reynolds ok.

Thought harkes unusually ropey at times. Butcher good and important.

Mcmullan good in patches.

Clark showing quality and great pen.

Safranko worked really hard as ever

Pawlett - good but very silly getting sent off.

Generally what was it with the step overs - the double step over was bad as Mcmullan was through on goal to score.

I still feel we need to break out of 4-2-3-1. Clark is doing great out of position but would like to see him up with Safranko. We have personnel in that starting line up for 4-4-2 or a diamond midfield.

The later subs were risky. We invited ICT on to us and could easy have lost a goal in last 5 mins.

A wins a win though. Pleased and we move on.

One thing that is positive is we are a stronger side and no problem competing physically tonight

A lot of ott negativity from shed boy and stoke imo, disappointing after a very good win, a side that doesn't lose many games and never say die under a good manager who we haven't beaten at Tannadice in ages and we dug in, got the win despite being a man down abs then throwing everything at it last twenty mins

We are also 3 pts ahead of Ayr, if you don't win the league for a chance in playoffs you have to be 2nd

Tough games to come but still in it as it stands and for me we are much much better than before January

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)