+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting close season?

Interesting close season?

At the end of the season DS can start weaving his magic that I for one believe will happen. This squad needs stripping down to the bare bones and a while new mentality installing just for starters. It's been long overdue, since the MON days, but we never allow it as it all about now! But surely enough is enough now? Who's with me?

I'm with you. The people already calling for a change of manager have lost their minds. The constant Manager Merry-go-round will never work for a team wanting more than short term improvement.

To be honest, just where are all these 'Smith' out calls coming from, dont tell me the Birmingham? Its run by blue noses. Nope, no calls from me, DS is still using SBs team and to be honest he was dealt a poor hand last preseason. I agree, it wont hurt just playing out this season with no pressure but seriously do we want the play offs, we will have to face sheff utd or WBA and there all playing much better football than us, it will only end in tears, again.
    It has to be now, a clear out, a good bit of wheeling and dealing and a good pre-season.
    Dont think we will keep Jack but we should now be looking around for a replacement.
    If i could dream, i would rather come up automatically like Wolves, they look in great shape and it was only 2 seasons ago they almost got relegated under guess who, paul Lamberk who, is very quietly taking Ipswich down this season.
    Football, its a funny old game...

Dr x and Bruce had a short term plan but unfortunately if failed so now we're left with an ageing squad. I wouldn't know where to start to be honest apart from getting as many good young players in a possible. Some will make it some won't but we can't continue like this. Smith has a massive task ahead of him.

Maupay, Lolley Mings Tammy and the Horse on a perm contract.

Who's lolley?

TD there's plenty on Twitter from fans hearing other fans slagging off Smith, at the Sheff Utd game a fella of about 55 kept shouting "sacked in the morning, you useless c***" with no regard for the kids in the crowd. He stayed to the end in fairness but you'd have thought he'd seen enough football by now to know it ain't as simple as change the manager every 5 minutes.

My worry is that too many will expect him to get the whole lot sorted in the summer when the amount of change needed is wholesale in the team and the need to gel.

I can't stand fans like that wcv. No empathy or consideration for others and usually thick as shiit.
    Yes your right he will need more than just a summer but as I've said in a previous post this time next year I will judge him and if we're still shiit he needs to go.

Twitter warriors...umm most have never been to VP.
    As for the guy shouting that about smith, he should have had a slap. This id the reason we see so many fights amongst fellow fans.
    I had words with 2 guys at VP in the trinity who from the 1st minute started booing, moaning and throwing insults, i told them both to ef-off and go back to st andrews. They both got up and left. I have never bood the team or Manager while in play, the one exception was Lamberk but only got it after the final whistle.

Fair play TD, I'm not as brave as you in those situations and can't be going to work with a shiner! The trouble is there's always been amongst some of our fans a sense of entitlement, maybe all clubs have them but we seem to have more than our fair share?

Never agreed with booing during games, it can never do any good - look at the L'pool fans at half-time in Istanbul, that's what supporting your team is all about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)