+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grow up Kirky

Grow up Kirky

You're behaving like a spoilt child. Put some effort in, do the chasing back and please stop throwing your arms in the air every time you have a tantrum. Follow Greenys example or Bowery and the crowd will get behind you. Giving up on chasing a ball you could have caught, then moaning at Pixie for the delivery, will get everyone on your back. Stop acting like a stroppy 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    You're behaving like a spoilt child. Put some effort in, do the chasing back and please stop throwing your arms in the air every time you have a tantrum. Follow Greenys example or Bowery and the crowd will get behind you. Giving up on chasing a ball you could have caught, then moaning at Pixie for the delivery, will get everyone on your back. Stop acting like a stroppy 12 year old.
    Kirks job is make goals and score them, he's doing both fairly consistently. I'd say without him we'd have struggled this season. He could work a bit harder but you could have said that about an awful lot of very good players that have come through our youth system.

I have always been an advocate of Dave Artell and his efforts as Alex boss. However, on this occasion I do think he is being a little bit too stern on fans who were booing (saying they should stay away in future). I don't agree that either Bowery or Kirk should have received this treament, although I feel from the pass from Pickering was not a lost cause and had Kirk put a spurt on, he could well have retrieved that ball. Just as the fans should never single out individual players for abusive treatment, Kirk should not have complained at Pickering about the pass. That goes against what the team have been striving for this past few weeks and an unhappy ship is not a successful one. We certainly do need bums on seats and Artell should be careful in the way he complains about fans, when they turn their cheers into disatisfaction. In these tough financial times, we need every paying customer we can muster through those turnstiles, especially with the lack of transfer money coming into the coffers right now. The better side gained all three points today. That's football. Now let us continue to get behind the lads once again, starting with the visit of the Cobblers on Saturday. All cheers for this one hopefully and let us see the boys chasing for every last ball. Up the Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    I have always been an advocate of Dave Artell and his efforts as Alex boss. However, on this occasion I do think he is being a little bit too stern on fans who were booing (saying they should stay away in future). I don't agree that either Bowery or Kirk should have received this treament, although I feel from the pass from Pickering was not a lost cause and had Kirk put a spurt on, he could well have retrieved that ball. Just as the fans should never single out individual players for abusive treatment, Kirk should not have complained at Pickering about the pass. That goes against what the team have been striving for this past few weeks and an unhappy ship is not a successful one. We certainly do need bums on seats and Artell should be careful in the way he complains about fans, when they turn their cheers into disatisfaction. In these tough financial times, we need every paying customer we can muster through those turnstiles, especially with the lack of transfer money coming into the coffers right now. The better side gained all three points today. That's football. Now let us continue to get behind the lads once again, starting with the visit of the Cobblers on Saturday. All cheers for this one hopefully and let us see the boys chasing for every last ball. Up the Alex.
    I think DA was justified in airing his thoughts, there are those, too many I'm afraid, who just want to be abusive about individual players, one idiot sits behind me, he just wants to complain about Bowery every game. Every time he can, he opens his big mouth and gives Bowery abuse, totally unjustified. There is too much of it going on, its an area that needs addressing. It was a disappointing result against Exeter but to try and single any player out is wrong, there were individual errors from every player, so to single Kirk out is totally wrong, or any other player for that matter. They need our support not abuse and I do hope the idiot who sits behind me does take notice of DA and stay away.

I think it's dangerous ground to urge supporters to stay away. We need as many as we can get.
    The abuse thing I'm afraid, is a symptom of society in general, rather being peculiar to the Alex. Everybody believes in their right of freedom of expression but many don't care about the impact of these views and don't attempt to consider consequences.
    We can see all this in the current (chaotic) political situation.😞

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    I think DA was justified in airing his thoughts, there are those, too many I'm afraid, who just want to be abusive about individual players, one idiot sits behind me, he just wants to complain about Bowery every game. Every time he can, he opens his big mouth and gives Bowery abuse, totally unjustified. There is too much of it going on, its an area that needs addressing. It was a disappointing result against Exeter but to try and single any player out is wrong, there were individual errors from every player, so to single Kirk out is totally wrong, or any other player for that matter. They need our support not abuse and I do hope the idiot who sits behind me does take notice of DA and stay away.
    Agree GS. There were individual errors from every single player, but I don't think Kirk was singled out for error(S).
    Kirk was the only player who gave up on chasing a ball he had a chance of reaching, and also pulling out of a tackle shortly later, both in front of the main stand. I don't remember any other player doing either

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Interesting as a Tranmere fan reading this thread. When you beat us 3-2 earlier in the season,Kirk's behaviour and theatrics in the last part of the game were appalling and an utter disgrace.We who were there and saw it have not forgotten.Rest assured he will get a ''warm''[not ]welcome next Friday.

They always say elephants never forget
    Obviously you didn't see the video of the stamp on his leg

There was NO defence for the way he conducted himself-we'll have a lot of elephants. And guess what they do ......................

Quote Originally Posted by wavy View Post
    There was NO defence for the way he conducted himself-we'll have a lot of elephants. And guess what they do ......................

Well you know what they say about empty kettles and elephants

I find it sad that you seem to find that stamping on a players leg that could have finished his career is ok

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast