+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Trust

The Trust

I remember hearing on Radio Nottingham about a month or two back a piece about the Trust and how they were ready to help the club with financial help if needed. Does anyone know anymore about that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I remember hearing on Radio Nottingham about a month or two back a piece about the Trust and how they were ready to help the club with financial help if needed. Does anyone know anymore about that situation?
    I believe there are a few people who are keeping the name of the trust going, but that's about it. I dont think for a single second that anyone who was involved from the start (ie those who were involved in raising the £300K+) would ever dream of getting involved again.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I believe there are a few people who are keeping the name of the trust going, but that's about it. I dont think for a single second that anyone who was involved from the start (ie those who were involved in raising the £300K+) would ever dream of getting involved again.
    The problem would be exactly the same as before, and probably without a honeymoon period this time around. Namely, no money except the revenue the club can raise through trading, quickly followed by accusations of lack of "ambition".

If it has to be properly revived in the next few weeks there needs to be reassurances that the people who hijacked it and eventually sold the club to Munto wouldn't be allowed in this time.

Quote Originally Posted by LilCrazyKim View Post
    If it has to be properly revived in the next few weeks there needs to be reassurances that the people who hijacked it and eventually sold the club to Munto wouldn't be allowed in this time.
    Well even JAH isn't that arrogant (hopefully), Eric Kerry only ever did what JAH told him and Glenn Rolley has died. They were the three responsible for what happened so there shouldnt be any concerns on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The problem would be exactly the same as before, and probably without a honeymoon period this time around. Namely, no money except the revenue the club can raise through trading, quickly followed by accusations of lack of "ambition".
    Yep.

I’m sure someone from the Trust was on BBC Radio Nottingham not that long ago if that is what you are referring to about a month or two ago. I’ve not heard anything since.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I’m sure someone from the Trust was on BBC Radio Nottingham not that long ago if that is what you are referring to about a month or two ago. I’ve not heard anything since.
    Probably the same yes, I’m sure they (he) said they were able to assist the club financially, this is really what intrigued me as to the funds they had and where they came from.

Probably the same yes, I’m sure they (he) said they were able to assist the club financially, this is really what intrigued me as to the funds they had and where they came from.
    Perhaps the £5m Royal London bank guarantee cheque was real after all?