+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Hamilton Accies Roll Call and Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    What's worse are those who just brush it off because he's not Romanov.

Not once have I read anyone trying to justify it funnily enough

Blinkered queerhawks.
    Standby

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    You still haven’t answered the question. You don’t have to, you could just rubber it completely or say you can’t be @rsed. Save me having to wade through the message board treacle of your posts
    Nah, you enjoy trolling obviously, pertinently, I did answer your question in a very simplistic manner, hay hoh, enjoy the game on Sunday.....I hope to f uck I do.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Nah, you enjoy trolling obviously, pertinently, I did answer your question in a very simplistic manner, hay hoh, enjoy the game on Sunday.....I hope to f uck I do.

SF
    Not only did Mason miss the answer, but I did too...

A simple answer would have been fine, but guess it was too difficult.

I think McInnes generally has done a very good job, but I'm now convinced he's taken us as far as he can. I'm still unsure whether anyone else can actually take us further, but might be time for a freshen up soon.

We had the opportunity maybe 1 or 2 seasons ago to show our ambition by making some investment in challenging Celtic, who we've continually been runner up to in pretty much everything for the last 3 or 4 years. It would have required some fairly big changes in restructuring the wage bill and revisiting our targets as a club, but it was necessary if we were going to build on the momentum we'd built up for a few seasons and to take things to the next level.

I'm afraid to say we've missed the boat now. We've let Rangers build themselves back up to a position where they are stronger than us and are probably not a million miles behind Celtic once again. We've regressed and are back in the mix with teams like Hearts, Hibs and at the moment Killie, challenging for 3rd and the occasional cup run.

I don't really see any realistic way for us to achieve what we could have possibly achieved had we taken those steps and been a bit braver and bolder. Scottish football is going back to how it was from the mid 90s until Rangers disappeared. Old Firm will stretch further ahead with each passing season and we'll be left playing for the scraps and celebrating the odd victory over them without much hope of ever winning anything.

I like to think i'm not a happy clapper or a pant pisher as they're referred to - I try to stay balanced and realistic in my views - so the above is not a doom and gloom scenario, it's just what I believe is reality. We could make radical changes next season, but I think it's 2-3 years too late to make much difference.

100% agree with this ^^^ The ship has sailed and we're back to the status quo of huns amd tims winning prettt much everything and us looking for scraps

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    100% agree with this ^^^ The ship has sailed and we're back to the status quo of huns amd tims winning prettt much everything and us looking for scraps
    Which is what our chairman wanted. I’m at the stage now that you can’t be pro Milne & Aberdeen FC. Supporting his stewardship puts you directly at odds with what’s best for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think McInnes generally has done a very good job, but I'm now convinced he's taken us as far as he can. I'm still unsure whether anyone else can actually take us further, but might be time for a freshen up soon.

We had the opportunity maybe 1 or 2 seasons ago to show our ambition by making some investment in challenging Celtic, who we've continually been runner up to in pretty much everything for the last 3 or 4 years. It would have required some fairly big changes in restructuring the wage bill and revisiting our targets as a club, but it was necessary if we were going to build on the momentum we'd built up for a few seasons and to take things to the next level.

I'm afraid to say we've missed the boat now. We've let Rangers build themselves back up to a position where they are stronger than us and are probably not a million miles behind Celtic once again. We've regressed and are back in the mix with teams like Hearts, Hibs and at the moment Killie, challenging for 3rd and the occasional cup run.

I don't really see any realistic way for us to achieve what we could have possibly achieved had we taken those steps and been a bit braver and bolder. Scottish football is going back to how it was from the mid 90s until Rangers disappeared. Old Firm will stretch further ahead with each passing season and we'll be left playing for the scraps and celebrating the odd victory over them without much hope of ever winning anything.

I like to think i'm not a happy clapper or a pant pisher as they're referred to - I try to stay balanced and realistic in my views - so the above is not a doom and gloom scenario, it's just what I believe is reality. We could make radical changes next season, but I think it's 2-3 years too late to make much difference.

Very well said.

We had a chance to change things on and off the park and our Chairman did phuck all.

Well said Don Corleone.

We all knew the c*nts would be back up and spending big again as soon as the time was right and so its proved.

Milne doesn't have the balls to finance a strong, sustained challenge so any manager we get has the same limited resources. He'd rather we stayed in the 'safe zone' as far as the accounts go which i suppose we must be grateful for given the poor financial state of Scottish fitba - frustratingly tho it leaves us fans perennially being within a ball hair of achieving something, but not quite there every season (and that's a good season)

To what extent each of us choses to except or not accept that position has created this happy clapper/pant pisher divide.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223