+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alan replies official statement

Alan replies official statement

Notts County owner and chairman Alan Hardy has responded to today’s media reports and provided an update on his attempts to sell the club.

Further to recent speculation about the financial performance of Paragon Interiors Group PLC and any impact this may have on Notts County Football Club, I want to assure supporters that the club will not be affected.

In the coming days I expect to receive a formal offer to purchase the club from an overseas consortium and more updates will follow in due course.

In the meantime, I will continue to support the club as best I can while dealing with a very difficult and stressful situation at Paragon.

Thank you for your continued support.

Alan

Hmm. I won't sit comfortably until I see it.

Better than nothing i suppose, now who are the potential buyers.

Question is if the offer isn't made, is he really going to be in a position to prevent us from going into admin

Also is he going to just sell to anyone that offers a bid due to his situation. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.

Nothing really matters unless we start winning games. If we go down or go into admin we will go down,if points are taken off this season. I blame pavis for selling our best players all these years of constant pooooooop

“In the coming days I expect to receive a formal offer to purchase the club from an overseas consortium and more updates will follow in due course.”

That could only sound less reassuring if AH said he was 95% certain of receiving a formal offer. He’s definitely negotiating from a position of weakness: He wasn’t wrong when he said he would be a great case study for Harvard Business School in how not to do things.

Assuming the “overseas consortium” is genuine, can anyone find any examples of a good one in football? I can only think of horror stories.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    “In the coming days I expect to receive a formal offer to purchase the club from an overseas consortium and more updates will follow in due course.”

That could only sound less reassuring if AH said he was 95% certain of receiving a formal offer. He’s definitely negotiating from a position of weakness: He wasn’t wrong when he said he would be a great case study for Harvard Business School in how not to do things.

Assuming the “overseas consortium” is genuine, can anyone find any examples of a good one in football? I can only think of horror stories.
    Bournemouth is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    Bournemouth is a good one
    I thought that was a rich oligarch who lives locally, not a consortium?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I thought that was a rich oligarch who lives locally, not a consortium?
    You might be right, I always thought it was a consortium

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    You might be right, I always thought it was a consortium
    Man City and Chelsea don't do too bad with overseas owners but not consortiums, consortia???

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast