+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: QPR - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    i was at the game Harrison was our best player by some distance
    Then we are well and truly f00ked.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Then we are well and truly f00ked.
    I was at the game and correct harrison was one of our better players
    Bamford played like a fkin tory boy, no wonder he has had more clubs than Rickie Fowler, Klich is fked he is running on empty, Roberts well nice lad by simply not good enough,Qpr where ****e they played much better the other week against Wba, The man on the Pod needs to look at wilder and the German bloke at Norwich not when we go a goal down looking like a Bad Un in a childrens play ground
    As for anyone who thinks Izzy fkin Brown is the answer well we will be sinking quicker than the titanic
    1 minute to go and we are fkin passing the ball around 30 yards out instead of just hoofing it the area,last night was a complete and utter fkin mess from the first minute to the last,if Moore was watching that last night he will be looking forward to friday with delight
    Unless the pod man changes his tactics we are well fked

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    I was at the game and correct harrison was one of our better players
    Bamford played like a fkin tory boy, no wonder he has had more clubs than Rickie Fowler, Klich is fked he is running on empty, Roberts well nice lad by simply not good enough,Qpr where ****e they played much better the other week against Wba, The man on the Pod needs to look at wilder and the German bloke at Norwich not when we go a goal down looking like a Bad Un in a childrens play ground
    As for anyone who thinks Izzy fkin Brown is the answer well we will be sinking quicker than the titanic
    1 minute to go and we are fkin passing the ball around 30 yards out instead of just hoofing it the area,last night was a complete and utter fkin mess from the first minute to the last,if Moore was watching that last night he will be looking forward to friday with delight
    Unless the pod man changes his tactics we are well fked
    Seems like Phil Hay disagrees.

#lufc https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....road-1-9618389

Not sure I agree with him either, but frankly if we have to depend upon the likes of Harrison, Douglas and Brown (who he?), that mid-table mediocrity that was mentioned will be the best we can achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by mick64 View Post
    Had a couple of hours to cool down and reflect on what was a very disappointing display. My view is we were the best team by a mile in the first half although our passing in the final third of the pitch was depressingly poor, but for that we would have turned for the second half well in front. Ailing has lost his mojo for sure, Klich needs resting, he’s gone from someone full of confidence to someone drifting around the pitch and contributing little. Bamford should have stepped up tonight but was anonymous, Alioski is lively but brainless, of the rest I thought Harrison tried his best but then ran out of steam, Roberts looks as if the burden of the task is to much for him. We were defensively solid but got caught cold at the start of the second half.
    My conclusion is that we are going to be very fortunate if we achieve automatic promotion, with Derby and Bristol both losing we should qualify for the playoffs. Teams who do well at this stage of season have momentum, we have little or none. Recently we have scraped wins and draws without looking impressive. Looking at 3rd / 4th in my opinion. Wish I could be more optimistic.
    Yes that's a pretty fair reflection, and not sure what the answer is. We really miss the creativity and speed of getting the ball forward (either quick passes or actually running at the heart of the opposition defence) that Saiz brought, but he'd lost his impact a while before his departure anyway, so we'll just have to manage as best we can. Roberts clearly isn't the answer there, and neither is Pablo, (his best position is on the right, but drifting in when he sees the opportunity. And the last time we played really well, against Derby, it was actually Forshaw who really took the game by the scruff of the neck, and he won't be back for WBA. Also, as I've posted on another thread, Douglas and Alioski together worked quite well for us earlier in the season, so maybe that's worth thinking about. So, as it stands, I'd go with this lineup against West Brom:

Casilla, Berardi, Jansson, Cooper, Douglas, Phillips, Hernandez, Klich, Alioski, and two from Bamford, Roberts, Harrison up front in a notional 4-4-2, with both Phillips and Klich given more 'traditional' CM responsibilities. We know Alioski gets up and down the pitch very well, and certainly better than Harrison, so that should give us a bit more solidity on the left hand side, so I wonder if Harrison is worth a go in a more central attacking position? Dallas has looked very lively when he's come on as well, but not sure he really solves our major problems, which are in the final third. I just hope this isn't an exercise in rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.......

Maybe it's as if the opposition knew in advance who would be playing and had time to work on a plan to combat it.

I see what you did there Billy - nice work fella

At the start of the season those who said we'd be wrecked at the end of the season are being proven right. There's no high press/hunting in packs anymore,they've ran out of steam. Is it Bielsa's training or playing methods? We can't blame too may matches, we were dumped out of the 2 cups at first attempt.

Normally an eternal optomist. even in the dark bates days tried to see the positives but....

It's obvious we are spent this year. It's been a joy while it lasted and it was wonderful football early on. We shot our wad and went after a big time Keeper and got him. We hired a brilliant coach and we assembled a solid squad but it just wasn't quite enough. Watched the game yesterday at a local pub with some buds and it was embarrassing. A shell of the former team very little, if anything, positive to take away. QPR are a relegation team and not even a mid pack Lg 1 team.

I expect that we'll do the same swoon that we did last year. Just started a little later and our football was great to watch. Overall still a wonderful season but just not enough to get across the line in the end.

we've not really looked sharp for some time now and we can't seem to get around teams packing the box. Ironically, I suspect we'll play west brom and Sheffield united better since they'll actually attack.

Losing Saiz really hurt. On his day he could take over a game. we don't have the player now.

We needed a goalie in January but in sure that all the fans were wanting a quality striker through the door. The blunts signed two and immediately created competition for places. Roofe and now Bamford have no real pressure on them to perform as there’s no alternative. Don’t agree with some on here who think we are going to totally crash and burn. It’s going to be tough for automatic but the play offs are favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by mick64 View Post
    We needed a goalie in January but in sure that all the fans were wanting a quality striker through the door. The blunts signed two and immediately created competition for places. Roofe and now Bamford have no real pressure on them to perform as there’s no alternative. Don’t agree with some on here who think we are going to totally crash and burn. It’s going to be tough for automatic but the play offs are favourite.
    Agree Mick. Can't see auto myself given our current form, but surely we can scrape enough to stay in the 6? Having said that....with our poor playoff record combined with the drop off in performance, I wouldn't be putting any money on that option either. Depending on the reaction, if any, on Friday night with even more on the line now, will sway me considerably one way or the other.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)