+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huddersfield v Wolves Matchday Thread

Wouldn’t it be something If the only team we did not get points off of this season were Huddersfield?

I think the only team we didn't beat last season was Sunderland.
    We still have Cardiff and Fulham at home......

Answers on a post card to Wolves. Last season the only team we did not take points off was Sunderland and they were bottom of the league. This season we have taken so far, points of all the top teams, apart from Liverpool who we have yet to play away. Watford, Palace and Cardiff are teams we have had nothing from but we still have to meet them again. So how come that Huddersfield who are bottom have taken six points off us. Is it complacency, are the players going into these games thinking we only have to turn up to win. If anyone knows the answer please let the club know.

We have been carried along on two seasons of success and the journey has been fantastic. We have matched some of the so called 'big boys' and have not looked out of place in the top flight. However, whenever we come up against teams that on form we should beat, we fall flat on our faces. Yes Huddersfield are fighting for their lives but it will take a miracle of biblical proportions for them to survive.

We have won a few games this season or snatched draws with last minute goals, which begs the question, 'are we in a false position in the league'? We have forty points, but in reality would a total, at this point of 30 points be more realistic?. On Saturday we have a chance to get back on track, but I will not be wagering any money on a Wolves victory.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Answers on a post card to Wolves. Last season the only team we did not take points off was Sunderland and they were bottom of the league. This season we have taken so far, points of all the top teams, apart from Liverpool who we have yet to play away. Watford, Palace and Cardiff are teams we have had nothing from but we still have to meet them again. So how come that Huddersfield who are bottom have taken six points off us. Is it complacency, are the players going into these games thinking we only have to turn up to win. If anyone knows the answer please let the club know.

We have been carried along on two seasons of success and the journey has been fantastic. We have matched some of the so called 'big boys' and have not looked out of place in the top flight. However, whenever we come up against teams that on form we should beat, we fall flat on our faces. Yes Huddersfield are fighting for their lives but it will take a miracle of biblical proportions for them to survive.

We have won a few games this season or snatched draws with last minute goals, which begs the question, 'are we in a false position in the league'? We have forty points, but in reality would a total, at this point of 30 points be more realistic?. On Saturday we have a chance to get back on track, but I will not be wagering any money on a Wolves victory.
    It can only be complacency, in the home match I thought the flat performance may have been because of as lack of atmosphere / no urgency from the fans... the fact that it has happened twice though? Also maybe the players have relaxed a little now that we're safe, I hope not, it's going to be a long run in if that's the case.

In both games against Huddersfield, Wolves have deserved to get nothing. Last night's game is one of worst i have seen since we have got promoted. Huddersfield's league position doesn't lie, but even though i thought they looked poor, they at least created chances for Patricio to save.

What didn't help Wolves' cause last night was the threat from both Doherty and Jonny was stopped to a certain degree. Doherty, i mentioned it during the second half that he looks like he's still carrying a knock from the Bournemouth game. A couple of times he seemed reluctant to go in for a challenge. I actually thought Jonny at least tried to make things happen.

When our passing game is stopped, Patricio decided to take goal kicks from the centre of his six yard area, but each time the ball was won by Billing. Huddersfield, for a lot of the game played with nine men behind the ball and one up top. Our midfield was always crowded and we never had time on the ball.

I think our best spell of the game was about ten minutes before Jota was substituted, he and Jiminez at least tried to carry the play forward. Once the subs had been made, bar Cavaleiro at least trying to attack Huddersfield, Wolves looked out of it. I'm not one to get on Costa's back, but i wanted to see Traore on to at least go at the home side's back line. It wasn't to be.

I would have settled for a draw going into stoppage time, but if there was to be a winner, then i think the home side deserved to score.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post

Wolves have forty points on merit, the table doesn't lie. We have struggled against the likes of Watford, Huddersfield and Cardiff. All these sides have stopped Wolves from playing. I expect the Cardiff game to be not pleasing on the eye and battle from the off.

Gav, I felt certain that Traore wold get some time on the pitch after his recent impact in games. From what I have seen recently, defenders are terrified of him and his pace. He kept us in the Cup at Shrewsbury and his cross salvaged us a point against Newcastle. Bournemouth just could not handle him. I don't know who we could drop for him to start on the right, but he most certainly should have come on before Costa. Let us hope he gets some time on the grass on Saturday, at the worst he should win us a few free kicks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)