+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Greg Halford

Just signed him in time for a few dodgy games coming up. The anchor man has signed one of his type of players.
    In saying that....I hope the lad is very good for us.

Get him straight in the first team for tonight

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Get him straight in the first team for tonight
    I don’t think so, with Logan,Hoban both being ruled out for the season effectively, I would imagine the lad will be signed as cover, we also have 2 games coming up against the cheeks which will result as per, suspensions for us either thru the ref or C.O.

SF

He hasn't played a competitive game since 10 March 2018, so basically no competitive football for a year. Is it just me but I can't get Alan Tate out of my mind unfortunately

From what he is saying in his interview he is a dream signing for McInnes,he has been played in every position in his career so far.

He is mainly played in defence or midfield but had a spell up front for Nottingham Forest so don’t be surprised to see him punted up front when we are looking for an equaliser or winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Is it just me but I can't get Alan Tate out of my mind unfortunately
    The only good thing he ever did was pick an injured opposition player up by the shoulders and drag him over the touch line so we could get on with the game. Don't think the boy was faking it either to be honest which was all the funnier.

He also ran like a farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    From what he is saying in his interview he is a dream signing for McInnes,he has been played in every position in his career so far.

He is mainly played in defence or midfield but had a spell up front for Nottingham Forest so don’t be surprised to see him punted up front when we are looking for an equaliser or winner.
    McInnes will fire him out on the left wing if we are chasing a game. Looking forward to seeing this game changer in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    I don’t think so, with Logan,Hoban both being ruled out for the season effectively, I would imagine the lad will be signed as cover, we also have 2 games coming up against the cheeks which will result as per, suspensions for us either thru the ref or C.O.

SF
    I think he needs game time and would benefit from starting tonight.
    I wasn't convinced by Ball against St Johnstone and counted at least 4 times that he let Kennedy away.
    They could have been at least 2 up before we scored.
    He settled later in the game, but I'm not convinced he see's danger and is prone to ball watching.

His best contribution was when he stepped into midfield and won the ball there before setting up the assists.

I fear Ryan Kent will rip him a new one and would be keen to see if Halfords experience would fare better in the SevCo game

Ball was good but in no way is he a full back and a winger like Kent could destroy him. I wonder if we could push him into the DM position and allow Ferguson to get forward more against the Huns? Last time out we lost midfield to them but having Ferguson up beside Shinnie might give them less possession. Of course 5 in the middle means Cosgrove on his own (probably) and someone (Stewart or McGinn) needs to be close to him because it doesn't always stick! It's a tricky one but I think Ball deserves a start.

I think Ball has done very well in midfield, he just doesn't look like a full back to me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast