+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Overseas Consortium.Who?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Clearly. I bow to your all-encompassing intellect. In terms of friends of this club I'd say you're no longer a keeper.
    Far too much Micky taking on this board !

So, back to the plot - is there actually a local consortium with a genuine interest in buying the club or is it another figment of the imagination, be it Hardy's the media's or whoever?

Equally, I'm intrigued to know how folks are privy to the personal financial affairs of Ian Roberts. Perhaps TNM (or should I call him Ian?) or others can enlighten us regarding his illustrious business career and why he has a particular affinity with football clubs. I have no idea, I'm just interested to know.

What I do know is that he was the one taker of the offer made by RT for people to pay £100k and become an "Associate Director" - I am not sure if that was simply a guarantee (which was the general method that many became directors of football clubs in the 70's & 80's) or whether the money had to be invested at the time. I am very well acquainted with several others who declined the invitation without enquiring too deeply about the details. No doubt TNM can advise accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post

Equally, I'm intrigued to know how folks are privy to the personal financial affairs of Ian Roberts. Perhaps TNM (or should I call him Ian?) or others can enlighten us regarding his illustrious business career and why he has a particular affinity with football clubs. I have no idea, I'm just interested to know.
    I'd be very surprised if Ian Roberts' grammar and punctuation mirrored that of TNM.

In the light of imminent developments - I'm still interested to know more about Mr Roberts & his business background & credibility.

We've had enough "wannabe's" & third rate chancers to last a lifetime. Is it just a case of "desperate times..... desperate measures..."?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789