+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zaha

Zaha

Not condoning dirty play, but Who's going to mark/kick him out of the game Saturday?

Bardsley.

This guy will run us ragged, unless we man mark him I fear the worse.

They are loaded with tricky players. Townsend worries me the most.

Good news is that Sakho is out - get into 'em Barnes and Wood!

Zaha is a class act but if we can keep him quiet there is no reason why we should not win this game. A last minute winner by Barnes would make my day!

This will be a tough, tough game with both teams fancying their chances. C'mon you Clarets!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This will be a tough, tough game with both teams fancying their chances. C'mon you Clarets!
    Going for a 1.0 Loss,....Something is still not right., But Yes, I Hope We Win

Our squad is not deep enough, that's what's not right bfcjon, but the lads are all giving it 100% since Tom got back between the sticks.

So here it's a cloudy day and I prefere to stay at home.Reading the last post got me thinking about as BT says ,''Our squad is not deep enough?''No, what does it mean,could we play a line of 5 at the back ,or 4,and 4 in front of them? Well, I am not sure,I never did study the statagy of football. Surely its the system thats right, if all players are giving it 100% But I belong to the old school of football, outside right, left half, center forward,right back etc.
    To any kids on here thats the football we played ,just after the fall of the roman empire! Then some of the experts on here have also played it too. Those where the days when muddy pitches could be used also for water polo!If you remember we always had the center forward up near the half way line. Today it's not so. But that must create a situation so that the defence (the tall fella's!) do not move up into the penalty area,when the opposing team have a corner, at least 2 must cover him? What do our experts say ? Just a thought here. Cloudy day today!

Interesting point Balam - and I agree with you about leaving a bloke up on the half way line when defending a corner.

Not many teams do at the moment and I have heard Sean talk about the statistics of doing this.

I think McNeil would be perfect for this role. At the moment he doesn't help with balls in our box but he is speedy and tricky enough to be an outlet when we clear the ball. Like you say, the opposition would have to leave two defenders back.

It has to be admitted that we don't concede very often from corners, but when we clear the ball it usually comes straight back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)