+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone remember playing Accrington in the league before?

Anyone remember playing Accrington in the league before?

Just been looking at our record against them over the years and we've put a lot of goals past them. No draws ever ( heck , I should not have mentioned that ). Win ratio 2 to 1. 1960 was the last meeting. Record score 9 0 in 1934, anyone remember that one ?

ME , in 1960 tho not 1934 , SB and Mesta Colliers were theer in 1934

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    ME , in 1960 tho not 1934 , SB and Mesta Colliers were theer in 1934
    By eck! Well it's a new one for me to write in my little book. It's not impossible for someone to recall 1934. Didn't the team walk to the away fixture through deep snow once?

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    By eck! Well it's a new one for me to write in my little book. It's not impossible for someone to recall 1934. Didn't the team walk to the away fixture through deep snow once?
    Don't kno abart that Linz, Workington , Barrow and Southport were also regular fixtures , have you seen any of them play against us ?
    I remember my last trip to Workington , i think we scored 6/7 John Peachy scored a few that night , dint kno weer Workington was at time, bloody long way it seemed back then
    Last edited by Romared; 09-03-2019 at 11:37 AM.

The club records state the record victory was against Loughbrough in 1899 same score 9-0 Not sure why Accy isn't mentioned also Remember playing Barrow, Southport, Workington in the old 4th div when I started watching em late 60s. Also Bradford PA anyone ? My dad took me to Southport away - first time I had sat down at a match ! Happy days !!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Don't kno abart that Linz, Workington , Barrow and Southport were also regular fixtures , have you seen any of them play against us ?
    I remember my last trip to Workington , i think we scored 6/7 John Peachy scored a few that night , dint kno weer Workington was at time, bloody long way it seemed back then
    Everyone forgets Rushden and Diamonds , what happened to them ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Everyone forgets Rushden and Diamonds , what happened to them ?
    A think they're struggling , along with Kettering , altho the poppies are near top of their division ? Only been the once to R&D we won 3-2 , a great goal from our fullback ( carnt rememba his name ) on loan from Boro I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by Undisclosed View Post
    The club records state the record victory was against Loughbrough in 1899 same score 9-0 Not sure why Accy isn't mentioned also Remember playing Barrow, Southport, Workington in the old 4th div when I started watching em late 60s. Also Bradford PA anyone ? My dad took me to Southport away - first time I had sat down at a match ! Happy days !!
    BPA , always liked going theer , dunt kno why tho , we rarely got owt , old ground still there , mainly modernised now , old clubhouse still full of their memorabilia from years gone by , I went a few years back to watch Athersley Rec play Albion Sports

Quote Originally Posted by linzbfc View Post
    Just been looking at our record against them over the years and we've put a lot of goals past them. No draws ever ( heck , I should not have mentioned that ). Win ratio 2 to 1. 1960 was the last meeting. Record score 9 0 in 1934, anyone remember that one ?
    The last time Barnsley entertained Accrington, Lonnie Donegan's 'My Old Man's a Dustman' was number 1 and Burnley were about to be crowned champions.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The last time Barnsley entertained Accrington, Lonnie Donegan's 'My Old Man's a Dustman' was number 1 and Burnley were about to be crowned champions.
    That's weer Ronnie moors hat song came frum lonnys number 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast