+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: I believe Paragon is now in administration

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Seems a little over the top if it's just 3 weeks?
    HMRC are very aggressive towards football clubs.

HMRC seem to have little patience with football clubs, and not without good reason to be fair.

Administration fears for Magpies
    BBC Radio Nottingham

Notts County have been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs.

The club have said they're in "detailed discussions" with HMRC since a payment became due three weeks ago.

It also said the club have received assurances from administrators at Paragon - owner Alan Hardy's company - that they are "supportive" of his attempts to sell the club.

Paragon lent money to Notts to buy and fund the club as part of Hardy's takeover deal in January 2017.

There is fear administrators will attempt to take millions of pounds from Notts County, sending the club into administration.

This could lead to a deduction of 12 points and almost certain relegation from the football league.

Alan Hardy is adamant this won't happen.

Just thinking about AH in the bunker....

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    This could lead to a deduction of 12 points and almost certain relegation from the football league.

Alan Hardy is adamant this won't happen.
    AH's adamance carries little weight with me. Even when he had control of things he messed up and at the moment events are not in his control.

He saying what he wants to believe and unless there is a substantive take-over (do we believe that's in the pipeline?) we are in the big doo doo, and that's assuming we can actually gets some points on the board.

I wonder how much is house is worth?

It may be that they're seeing everything else going on around the club, and Paragon, and thinking that even if they leave things for a bit, they're still not likely to see any change, so doing this could actually push someone into taking some action to steady things.

How much better or worst off are we compared to Bolton,their players didn't get paid this month and are due in court on March 20th to face a winding up petition by HMRC,will we be in same position in April?

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    How much better or worst off are we compared to Bolton,their players didn't get paid this month and are due in court on March 20th to face a winding up petition by HMRC,will we be in same position in April?
    On 31st March 1894 Notts and Bolton met in the FA Cup Final. 125 years on and a possibility both clubs could be wound up!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    When you look back, Thommo's teams were better than this team, in fact Charlie's teams were better than this team, FFS!!!!!!!
    I'd have Thommo back tomorrow - if only for his frank and humorous post-match analysis!

Sorry but I wouldn't have McParland back even to pick up litter. Every time I hear him on TV, he's running down Notts. A very bitter man and we've got way too many of those hanging around us these days!

Come On You Nearly Bankrupt & Almost Relegated Pies !!!

Leonard Curtis, the administrators for Paragon, issue a statement...

"...working closely with Notts County to achieve a positive outcome for all concerned."

"...also confirm they are supportive of Mr Hardy's attempts to find a purchaser for the football club.."

https://twitter.com/BBCRNS/status/1101137876505554944

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast