+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - You have to laugh.....

They couldn’t even get 30k when they were winning their stars

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    So, please tell me.
    Until DCFC got promoted, what were attendances like?
    When you got promoted, with a new stadium the attraction to attend was there.
    What's happened to DCFC crowds since?
    Declined perhaps?

The point is, new environment/investment/higher level. boosts attendance.

It also gives a club flexibility to allow more away tickets/family areas.
    You lot have been doing this for ages/free tickets etc . Personally I can't fault that if it gets bums on seats.

It could very well surprise you how many come when finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So, please tell me.
    Declined perhaps?

You lot have been doing this for ages/free tickets etc . Personally I can't fault that if it gets bums on seats.

Being non-partisan for once, Forest would increase appeal and revenue instantly if this includes an improved corporate offering, at present it’s pretty 1980s and bloody dangerous for those who date to support the other team, as the corporate seats are right in the middle of the old stand, with the Forest horde

Quote Originally Posted by lewyman633 View Post
    Wrong. They averaged 32k approx during the 2 European Cup winning campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    So, please tell me.
    Declined perhaps?

Flexibility to allow more away fans so your case that will mean about 14,000

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39159188]
    Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post

Blimey...narrow escape mista!
    RA yes one of the problems of being born in Wollaton glad I found God's county and as BC always says Derby is football city not famous for a couple of ice skaters

Hmm! Let's compare Ipro to the CG then shall we, The Ipro: no character, no soul, no history just a bunch of bouncing plastics! Flat packed soulless pit!
    The City Ground: great location, great history, great people, need I go on?

Increasing the capacity to 38K seems perfect to me, anything above 40K would of been too much.
    The Premier League beckons, I can feel it, can you for Derby? I can't! And I think you all know it, you're owner ain't ambitious enough.

The new CG is going to shine like a diamond in a goats as$.

A goats as$, yeah I suppose that's a fair description of rushcliffe

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    Hmm! Let's compare Ipro to the CG then shall we, The Ipro: no character, no soul, no history just a bunch of bouncing plastics! Flat packed soulless pit!
    The City Ground: great location, great history, great people, need I go on?

Increasing the capacity to 38K seems perfect to me, anything above 40K would of been too much.
    The Premier League beckons, I can feel it, can you for Derby? I can't! And I think you all know it, you're owner ain't ambitious enough.

The new CG is going to shine like a diamond in a goats as$.
    Lol...our owner not ‘ambitious enough’? That’ll be the born and bred Derby County fan v the opportunist Greek shipping magnate who’d probably never heard of Nottingham or Forest until about eigh**** months ago!

He may have deeper pockets, to go with his infinitely bigger waistband, es***...but please don’t doubt Morris’ ambition, or his integrity.

As for Pride Park v the City Ground. Remind us...which ground struggled to get a safety certificate not so long ago? You won the other night and may well catch or even overtake us this season...may the best team win and all that, but be honest, it’s a bit of a no contest as far as grounds and facilities are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by redman59 View Post
    Wrong. They averaged 32k approx during the 2 European Cup winning campaigns.
    Average League home gate in 78/79 EC winning season was 29,583

Average League home gate in 79/80 EC winning season was 26,573

Both seasons are prior to the all seater legislation. I don't know the capacity in those seasons but in 1967 you had just shy of 50K for a League game against Man U. Opening game of the 78/79 season over 41K there for the visit of Spurs. Season's average 29K. It was Brian Clough who said he had no idea what he had to do to get the fans to fill the ground........

32K? Wrong. Totally and completely wrong. Fake News in fact.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)