+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brendan Rodgers and his ethics

Brendan Rodgers and his ethics

The man who was on his high horse two days ago about the goal we scored has just bailed on the club he has been proclaiming he loves and is his dream job for a mid table Premiership club.

And how hilarious that the man that Celtic and their media chums have been worshipping as the Messiah for the last two years has done the dirty on them and they're no absolutely gutted about it. The Clyde 1 phone in tonight is a brilliant listen.

He's a good manager but one arrogant, slimy git of a man and I'm glad to see the back of him from Scottish football. The way he and his team conducted themselves against us last season, especially with their celebrations after a referee assisted 1-1 draw at Fir Park showed him up for what he is.

Money talks.

No doubt you'll be happy to see the return of Mr Lennon?

Let's hope we can get into the top six to get them back to Fir Park after the split.

I won't risk a ban by posting my views on Lennon on here.

Yes money talks and indeed we've lost out in that way before with key players and mangers jumping ship midway through the season, so it's refreshing to see it to the biggest club in the country, who's support have by far the biggest chip on their shoulders. They are absolutely gutted and I am loving their pain.

As for playing them after the split...I'll take it as long as it's not a game where they can win the league at our ground.

Rodgers lifted Celtic and arguably Scottish football hugely on his arrival and Celtic were excellent in his first season - but he clearly bought or was wore down into the 'Celtic mind' grouping and some of what he came out with was utter guff.

I suspect he'll be much happier back with a middling lot in England and - though they won't agree now - Celtic will also benefit from a fresh start, they have been in near constant decline since summer 2017.

I actually don't mind Lennon but I'm always happy to avoid that shower whenever possible and would happily take seventh ahead of them winning the league at Fir Park.

Rodgers was a very good manager at this level, certainly for Celtic and his invincible side of two years ago was absolutely head and shoulders above anyone else in Scottish football. I think, and hope, that they will be weaker in his absence, though Neil Lennon will have them fired up and they will continue to dominate the Scottish game by virtue of having far superior quality at their disposal than anyone else.

I'm not convinced though that they will be quite as formidable minus Rodgers as they were over the past couple of years and it's a pity this parting of the ways didn't happen twelve months ago.....when we were still in the Scottish Cup at this stage.

They will inevitable slip in a cup at one point but they are going to win the league year after year for some time to come because they can currently spend so much more than their blue brothers across the city. Even opening the door to Rangers will take a massive blast of incompetence and the notion of a title challenge from anyone else is laughable.

I agree they won't be as formidable though...going to Scotland has pros and cons for talented youngsters and part of that will be the manager - Rodgers arrived with a proven Premier League record, there is no way Lennon is a draw in the same way.

I don't like Brendan Rodgers, he's one slimy c*** of a man, now that's been proved to that gullible lot from the Parkhead stands. Tell them any old s**** about how you love Celtic and how you always supported them as a boy growing up and they are as happy as a pig s****. His press conferences after the games we played when they were diving all over the place last season really p***** me off. I think next season could be a tough one for them as they have a few players on loan and a few coming to the end of they're time. Lets hope so.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)