+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: QF v huns

What a result tonight! Super proud of the team , huge effort, two clean sheets in Glasgow in four days and knocked Sevco out of both cups ! Big shout out to DM tonight for getting it spot on tonight......someone has learned how to win in Glasgow! Bring on Lennons Celtic in the semi now ....

So what's the scoop if any one of the players booked tonight get booked in the semi?

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    We were sh1te tonight

Sak makinnis
    Yip sack mcwinless,he's obviously clueless

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    What a result tonight! Super proud of the team , huge effort, two clean sheets in Glasgow in four days and knocked Sevco out of both cups ! Big shout out to DM tonight for getting it spot on tonight......someone has learned how to win in Glasgow! Bring on Lennons Celtic in the semi now ....
    Absolutely.
    Both games we set out defensively, to counter attack and tonight, be clinical with out chances.
    This is the way to play against the cheeks.

As you say, we've knocked SevCo out of both cups, both times in Glasgow. We've also beaten them at Ibrokes in the league.
    All games we set up to defend resolutely.
    Lewis hardly had anything to do. One decent save from Morelos near the end.
    Speaks a lot for the defensive unit.

Onto the cup semi now.
    Season defining game and were still in it.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy View Post
    So what's the scoop if any one of the players booked tonight get booked in the semi?
    The yellows are wiped at the semi-final stage, so players getting booked in the semi will still be able to play the final

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Worth a special mention for young Campbell.
    He was excellent I thought.
    It was him (I think ) that rolled the SevCo player and flicked wide to May, before he reversed it for McLennan's goal
    It was Ferguson who spun-a-hun before releasing May wide for the second goal. But your point about Campbell still stands true. That was an exceptionally young team out there tonight - they deserve a lot of credit for the discipline and tenacity. It wasn't pretty, but there's lots of ways to win a football match. I don't think anyone cares about the means to an end when it comes to winning in Glasgow.

Quote Originally Posted by erchieplum View Post
    It was the Morelos part I meant ...I have seen the Considine incident late in game which was blatant dive number 8 or was it 9 ? 10? Andy had the last laugh !!!
    It was hilarious viewing and quite staggering that Morelos kept getting away with it - the ref bought way too much of his theatrics. The one where he actually ignored the ball to try and engage with Considine before faking a head punch was utterly ludicrous and by far the worst.

Magnificent stuff & congrats to everyone involved, manager included

Quote Originally Posted by bpdon View Post
    It was Ferguson who spun-a-hun before releasing May wide for the second goal. But your point about Campbell still stands true. That was an exceptionally young team out there tonight - they deserve a lot of credit for the discipline and tenacity. It wasn't pretty, but there's lots of ways to win a football match. I don't think anyone cares about the means to an end when it comes to winning in Glasgow.
    Fair enough.
    I initially thought it was Ferguson but caught the replay seeing him supporting McLennan with the option of the cut back, so then assumed it was Campbell.

As you say, great young team performance.

Bringing through youth takes its time and were seeing a few young players breaking through.

Anderson could be another to come back in the summer and stake a claim

Didn't bother looking for a stream tonight as I always enjoy just listening...takes me back to my youth Looking forward to watching the whole game later. Meanwhile its still only 4pm but Ive just had the second large Jameson's since the final whistle...STAND ****ING FREE

Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast