+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: QF v huns

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Huns are away at the weekend, so there could be a minutes silence for Eric Caldow for our game at Iprix. That could go wrong pretty quickly
    If they go for a minutes silence, rather than a minutes applause ; It will be a deliberate attempt to get some of our Crowd to sink to their levels, and thus allow further hysterical outrage and a " club statemnet ". condemning us ALL in a holier tha nthou manner ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    If they go for a minutes silence, rather than a minutes applause ; It will be a deliberate attempt to get some of our Crowd to sink to their levels, and thus allow further hysterical outrage and a " club statemnet ". condemning us ALL in a holier than thou manner ?
    While that is undoubtedly true, lets not give them exactly what they want by lowering ourselves to their level if they have a minute silence.

Turn your backs, stay down in the concourse and away fae the seats, fitever, just STFU during it.

It would be very hunnish behaviour to shout & sing - and you guarantee Sevco and their moronic, hypocritical, pond slurping support would be all over it like a rash with Olympic standard whataboutery.

Lets nae give them the chance eh - we're better than them, and better than that...

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I seen Doug break into the first team as a youngster.
    He'd been playing for Huntly since July 76, and was 21 when he signed for us in April 78. He made his first appearance in November that year.

St Ternan was his club. He and Audrey had/have a dry cleaning business in Banchory.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What's the odds for Andrew Dallas in the replay?
    I thought Clancy did reasonably well and would not object to him taking the replay as well.
    Is it not the case that it is always the same ref in the replay as long as he is available?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Will we get up to 20% allocation?

We will be treated the same as Killie, which is we get the usual corner of800 fans and if we need more it will stretch round into the Broomloan. Sevco fans only got to just behind the goals in the replay. I would imagine we will only take 1500 max. For those that do end up in lower Broomloan it will be tin hat time, with everything but chairs being lobbed from above

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Aye aye Sneckers, took an ex pat along with us yesterday......or as you call him,Bronzed Adonis ! f ucking good laugh and a few beers were had.....his team won on Saturday obviously, anyway......came back to section Y at half time after a small refreshment and he was telling me about a banner that the boys in front held up.......aye ok.......looks in the paper today.......caught!!.......still tanned from Bali but with a bunnet on the follically challenged bonce.......hopefully we can go and watch our teams in the final.

SF
    Ha!! How is the big handsome radge doing?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He'd been playing for Huntly since July 76, and was 21 when he signed for us in April 78. He made his first appearance in November that year.

St Ternan was his club. He and Audrey had/have a dry cleaning business in Banchory.
    They had (mebbe still do?) a branch in Stoney as well.
    Was ca'ed Deeside Dry Cleaning or the like as I recall.

Much better performance than I was expecting to be honest. If we played that way, on the front foot, in their face, every time it would be great.

We should have won the game really - the goal we lost was poor poor poor - should never have given away the corner and should never have given the boy that much space to score. We had plenty pressure and chances to score another ourselves. Considine should have put the header away - dreadful miss.

I thought everyone played well though - Ferguson a bit quiet but I thought we won the midfield battle so he was obviously quietly effective. Stewart didn't offer as much as you'd hope either.

I'd probably keep the same team for weekend - assuming GMS is out, put McGinn in, but switch McLennan and Stewart. I'd generally prefer Devlin to Considine, but actually think Consi is better option at the moment as Devlin hasn't looked great since he returned from injury.

I obviously missed it, but why was Halford not even on the bench - is he injured already before even playing??

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Yip, he was booked in the tie against QOTS as well as yesterday, so I guess it's true that every cloud does indeed have a silver lining and all that pal.
    At the absence of the donkey might force us to at least try and play some football instead of hoofing it up the park (I live in hope)

Missed a great chance to stuff these b@st@rds yesterday and I still believe DM has to carry some of the blame for what I have said above leaving it too long beofre trying to make any change.

SF
    Yes, Cosgrove is definitely banned for the replay so no point playing hoof ball unless we give Doug’s laddie a shot up front for the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed I am getting on a bit, however, you are only as old as the woman you feel......regarding the Considines.......Doug found his true vocation in launderettes.......Andrew is still trying to find his, he does have a decent game now and again but is a weak link that decent sides exploit obviously given the opportunity.

SF
    Are you going to the replay, taking the wife or bird? I am going to be stuck for viewing the match if RedTV are not allowed to screen it thanks to the champions league!
    As for Andrew Considine I think he will find his strength as a panto fairy once his football career has passed by.

Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast