+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - WBA ***Matchday Thread***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Leeds United - v - WBA ***Matchday Thread***

FRIDAY 7.45PM KO

Leeds United will be unchanged for the visit of fellow Championship promotion contenders West Bromwich Albion.

Head coach Marcelo Bielsa has said he will select the same starting XI and substitutes that lost 1-0 against QPR on Tuesday.

Albion are assessing winger Jacob Murphy and striker Hal Robson-Kanu, who missed the defeat by Sheffield United on Saturday with injuries.

Defender Ahmed Hegazi is likely to be fit after going off against the Blades.

The Baggies, who won the reverse fixture 4-1 at The Hawthorns in November, are fourth in the Championship and will close the gap to third-placed Leeds to a single point if they win at Elland Road.

A Leeds win will take them top of the table, with leaders Norwich away at Millwall on Saturday and Sheffield United facing city rivals Wednesday at Hillsborough on Monday.

Match facts:

This will be the first league meeting between Leeds and West Brom at Elland Road since January 2007, when the Baggies won 3-2 in a second-tier fixture.

West Brom have won each of their last three games against Leeds in the Championship, scoring at least three goals on each occasion.

Leeds have registered more than 50% possession in each of their past 20 Championship matches at Elland Road - the last team to have a greater share than the Whites were Bolton Wanderers in March 2018.

West Brom have won eight of their past nine away Championship games (L1), including the last four in a row; they haven't won five away league games in a row since April 2002.

Leeds have lost five of their past 10 Championship games (W4 D1), having lost just three of their first 24 under Marcelo Bielsa this season.

West Brom striker Dwight Gayle has scored in all three of his league appearances against Leeds, netting four goals, including three at Elland Road.

0 - 3 to them. (Playing the reverse psychology bit). Think we may actually win 2 - 1. There's two predictions for ya Calvy.

MOT.

Can we get Mick Brown back for five minutes to sort Gayle out :-)

we will beat WBA, you heard it here first!

I'm with Clive on this one.......

Name:  5364e8487b2449e1623ba41411f99890.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  20.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    I'm with Clive on this one.......

Name:  5364e8487b2449e1623ba41411f99890.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  20.2 KB
    "Elland Road will be buzzing..big crowd..a bottle job on the cards.

Can only see a West Brom win after last nights shambles!

Leeds 0-3 WBA (Gayle 23.47,69)

Play-offs here we come (hopefully)

The most dejected I have felt all season."

Obviously had a "Change of heart" since Wednesday then Rev?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    "Elland Road will be buzzing..big crowd..a bottle job on the cards.

Can only see a West Brom win after last nights shambles!

Leeds 0-3 WBA (Gayle 23.47,69)

Play-offs here we come (hopefully)

The most dejected I have felt all season."

Obviously had a "Change of heart" since Wednesday then Rev?
    Just thinking we can not play as bad as we did at QPR and the players will be wanting to put things right?

Trying to be positive pal..its a new day..a new game.

Have to say tho..this club does my feckin nut in at times

Listened to the radio 4 piece last night and that got me more upbeat.

Feeling more positive but if we give the ball away around half way or in our own half like we did on Tues then WBA have far better players to punish us than QPR.

Key will be to score firstly then they will have to press forward more.

A lot of Boro fans rate Bamford so let’s hope he starts showing why!

Not saying we should have (even if we could have) but just for comparison, in the January window West Brom brought in Mason Holgate from Everton, (who apparently has done very well on the right side of the defence), Jacob Murphy from Newcastle (who's scored 2 goals in last 3 games), Montero from Swansea and Stefan Johansen from Fulham. I think if nothing else what this does is put into a bit of perspective the challenge we face tonight.

There’s been some big matches already but this is BIG in my mind. Win tonight and confidence will hopefully return with autos not out of site. Lose and I honestly believe the autos are gone. Always thought we might go up via Play Offs but a loss tonight will have us all getting the jitters. Even Bielsa is looking worried and if he is concerned then as sure as eggs are eggs I will be.

MOT

first game all season that im expecting to lose

eggs i mean.....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)