+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Surely Edmondson worth a try

Hope he's not picked. However, options are limited.

Brown was like a mad man..come on and try and influence the game..not got sent off which he should have been!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Brown was like a mad man..come on and try and influence the game..not got sent off which he should have been!
    I blame his hairstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    He is human and after over a year out gets a start when we are 1-0 down and he shows enthusiam and passion and you want to write him off after 10 mins game time - priceless!

Would you rather he just did nothing?
    Nothing like rational argument to get in the way of a bit of ranting eh?

If you or I were given the opportunity to demonstrate how good we were at something, having prepared for doing so for nearly a year, and we did something equivalent to the way Brown "performed", those giving us that opportunity would very, VERY probably re-consider whether we were ever going to be good enough to do that thing full time.

I say again, he's a PROFESSIONAL, he is a loanee from a PL club, he gets paid a kings ransom, and he's NOT 10!. All of which suggests that he ought to be able to judge what to do when given an opportunity to demonstrate how good he could be if given more than 10 minutes. He blew it, and had the referee been of the usual standard, his "Enthusiasm and passion" might well have seen the team reduced to ten men.

You'll struggle to find me writing him off, but please don't tell me that what he did was the mark of someone who made the best of what was made available to him.

He is human and after over a year out gets a start when we are 1-0 down and he shows enthusiam and passion and you want to write him off after 10 mins game time - priceless!

Would you rather he just did nothing?
    BTW, please see post 10, 11 & 12, he didn't do himself any favours with others with whom I often disagree, not this time.

I hope he learns, and gets another opportunity, but not too many, there are others in the U23s who have greater claim on a 1st team place.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    BTW, please see post 10, 11 & 12, he didn't do himself any favours with others with whom I often disagree, not this time.

I hope he learns, and gets another opportunity, but not too many, there are others in the U23s who have greater claim on a 1st team place.

You miss the point (perhaps deliberately young Jacob) - not saying he was great on Thursday but he was no worse than others and Alioski was more reckless on a few occasions.

The point is you want to write him off after 10 minutes on the pitch when he came on in a losing battle with a misfiring team and over eagerness caused him to mistime a tackle.

My point is give the bloke a break:

He has undoubted quality
    Bielsa rates him
    he is recovering from an horrific injury
    he was bound to be keen when he came on
    he has been getting good reviews in the u23
    who else do we have who can properly play in the hole and change a game other than Pablo (and whom Bielsa seems to prefer to play out wide)

So so to write him off after 10 minutes game time seems a little odd - just saying.

You miss the point (perhaps deliberately young Jacob) - not saying he was great on Thursday but he was no worse than others and Alioski was more reckless on a few occasions.

The point is you want to write him off after 10 minutes on the pitch when he came on in a losing battle with a misfiring team and over eagerness caused him to mistime a tackle.

My point is give the bloke a break:

He has undoubted quality
    Bielsa rates him
    he is recovering from an horrific injury
    he was bound to be keen when he came on
    he has been getting good reviews in the u23
    who else do we have who can properly play in the hole and change a game other than Pablo (and whom Bielsa seems to prefer to play out wide)

So so to write him off after 10 minutes game time seems a little odd - just saying.
    So I'M missing the point???? I haven't "written him off" despite your constant repetition of that phrase, (one I have not used). He is a professional, he should act like one, not like some daft puppy let off the leash.

Others have their own demons, you're right, and all the players (with the exception of the likes of Jansson and Cassila (Yes, I am beginning to warm to him!)) have to up their game. Not the point.

Does Bielsa "rate him" keeping him in the U23s when he was obviously as match fit as that environment is likely to get him? He has been "recovering" for nigh on a year, given the best professional help and assistance he can get, and yes I should f00king well hope he was keen. NOT THE POINT.

For a professional footballer, who was acquired orginally by one of the top flight Premiership clubs, and who has been playing professionally for some time, IT SHOULDN'T MATTER when you come on, or under what circumstances, you don't go f00king crazy and get booked within minutes of getting on the pitch, and even if you did, you don't go a repeat the mistake a few seconds later, risking leaving your team mates a man down! THAT'S THE POINT! (And I STILL haven't used words that are faintly reminiscent of me "writing him off"!!!!)

Brown has one big going for him right now.

He's not tired and wore out. He doesn't have the fatigue of a hundred + hard training sessions and 40 games under his belt.

And yes, he was high strung to get on the pitch after a year. I would probably be the same if I ever could have been in his situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So I'M missing the point???? I haven't "written him off" despite your constant repetition of that phrase, (one I have not used). He is a professional, he should act like one, not like some daft puppy let off the leash.

Others have their own demons, you're right, and all the players (with the exception of the likes of Jansson and Cassila (Yes, I am beginning to warm to him!)) have to up their game. Not the point.

Does Bielsa "rate him" keeping him in the U23s when he was obviously as match fit as that environment is likely to get him? He has been "recovering" for nigh on a year, given the best professional help and assistance he can get, and yes I should f00king well hope he was keen. NOT THE POINT.

For a professional footballer, who was acquired orginally by one of the top flight Premiership clubs, and who has been playing professionally for some time, IT SHOULDN'T MATTER when you come on, or under what circumstances, you don't go f00king crazy and get booked within minutes of getting on the pitch, and even if you did, you don't go a repeat the mistake a few seconds later, risking leaving your team mates a man down! THAT'S THE POINT! (And I STILL haven't used words that are faintly reminiscent of me "writing him off"!!!!)

Pedantry - you may not have used the precise phrase but the clear meaning I took from your words were he is a disgrace and should not make the team again. If that isn’t writing off.

I was at the game and in line with where the challenge took place. It was a tad late but he was trying to win the ball and mistimed it. Easily done at the best of times.

Alioski deliberately running into and grappling with a player who was in touch and on the ground was far far worse as it was unnecessary and stupid!

i just don’t get why you don’t want him to be tried as Spaldy said anyone who is keep and not tired must be a bonus.

i seem to remember Beradi was a little ‘excitable’ when he played his first few games but I would have him in the team all day long.

Pedantry - you may not have used the precise phrase but the clear meaning I took from your words were he is a disgrace and should not make the team again. If that isn’t writing off.

I was at the game and in line with where the challenge took place. It was a tad late but he was trying to win the ball and mistimed it. Easily done at the best of times.

Alioski deliberately running into and grappling with a player who was in touch and on the ground was far far worse as it was unnecessary and stupid!

i just don’t get why you don’t want him to be tried as Spaldy said anyone who is keep and not tired must be a bonus.

i seem to remember Beradi was a little ‘excitable’ when he played his first few games but I would have him in the team all day long.
    Can't be bothered with any more on this, so final contribution from me.....

He isn't a "disgrace", he hasn't had the opportunity to qualify for such a negative description. Contrary to another of your accusations about where I "don't want him tried", I have said in previous posts I hope he gets another opportunity, but he should be under no illusion that his card (yellow or otherwise) is very clearly marked and if he can't "curb his enthusiasm" and channel his energy productively, further opportunities at 1st team level will be limited. As for suggesting that ANYONE who hasn't played and trained as the rest of the 1st team squad have is a bonus, no I don't agree. So they have energy, and can run, so what? If they can't contribute, they are no use in the 1st team, hence why I want to see Brown act like the professional he is supposed to be, not the excitable puppy I described him as in my previous post.

As for Alioski and others (Klich pouring water down the back of an opposition player, etc), sure they have to answer, but they have been there all season, so I'll cut them some slack. If Brown performs and contributes, then he will get the same.

End of (for me at least)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)