+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surely Edmondson worth a try

I would suspect that you've never been a high level athlete. I don't purport to have been a professional athlete in any sport but played at a collegiate level. I know a little of what I speak.

at a certain point "training" becomes counterproductive. You see it a lot in long grind seasonal sports such as Football, Baseball and Hockey. it's why bringing in some fresh players at the point in the season where everyone is dragging can make all the difference in the world. if there's ever a clear example of this just look at Leeds entering March 2019.

it's no slam on our team. They are just mentally and physically spent. Bringing in someone like Brown, Shackleton, Halma and Edmunsoon could make all the difference in the world. Even the best spent player is not going to match up well with someone that's fresher and more enthused. You give up some talent but at least have a chance to compete. Some of our players need a 2-3 game rest. we have to hope we are still within reach. However, I think you and I both know that MB is not going to change a thing. He underestimated the length and grind of the Championship league. We w ill pay for it.

And yes, QPR is likely the worst team we have faced. Especially in a must win game. we lost, not only did we lose but we looked bad doing it. The second half was reminiscent of some of our Lg 1 days.

Okay so you are not writing him off and you think he deserves more of chance ... it took many posts for that to become clear!

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I would suspect that you've never been a high level athlete. I don't purport to have been a professional athlete in any sport but played at a collegiate level. I know a little of what I speak.

at a certain point "training" becomes counterproductive. You see it a lot in long grind seasonal sports such as Football, Baseball and Hockey. it's why bringing in some fresh players at the point in the season where everyone is dragging can make all the difference in the world. if there's ever a clear example of this just look at Leeds entering March 2019.

it's no slam on our team. They are just mentally and physically spent. Bringing in someone like Brown, Shackleton, Halma and Edmunsoon could make all the difference in the world. Even the best spent player is not going to match up well with someone that's fresher and more enthused. You give up some talent but at least have a chance to compete. Some of our players need a 2-3 game rest. we have to hope we are still within reach. However, I think you and I both know that MB is not going to change a thing. He underestimated the length and grind of the Championship league. We w ill pay for it.

And yes, QPR is likely the worst team we have faced. Especially in a must win game. we lost, not only did we lose but we looked bad doing it. The second half was reminiscent of some of our Lg 1 days.
    Never been an athlete of any sort, but I have managed teams and I know what rejuvenation is all about and I'm not denying that our 1st team could do with some go juice, by way of new blood or rest and recuperation of the main 1st team players, but.......as I said before and will again, being energetic without delivery is no good (remember Sacko?). The players other than Brown that you refer to have had to wait for their chance in the first team, and when it was given, they took it like professional footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Okay so you are not writing him off and you think he deserves more of chance ... it took many posts for that to become clear!
    I refer you to post #8

"Understood and i have some sympathy, but he IS a professional and if he expects to get more game time, letting the red mist come down isnt the best way of making that happen. Wasted opportunity and one he might not get again (and if he does and behaves like that against WBA then he helps nobody)."

Before your sterling defence of the wayward puppy, and hardly writing him off and suggesting he might get another opportunity, maybe.

Seriously now, end of (for me)

not being a detective, but wasnt post #20 your last post on this thread WTF? were posts #23 and #24 by you, or should they be attributed to an imposter?
    Anyway, the common thread to this topic seems to be that weve run out of steam therefore we must bring in fresh legs,yes?
    I vote we play the "fresh 10M striker" who has been resting all season, or have we written him off already after a couple of games and goals, in much the same way as everyone on here slagged of Wood, and Roofe.....

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    not being a detective, but wasnt post #20 your last post on this thread WTF? were posts #23 and #24 by you, or should they be attributed to an imposter?
    Anyway, the common thread to this topic seems to be that weve run out of steam therefore we must bring in fresh legs,yes?
    I vote we play the "fresh 10M striker" who has been resting all season, or have we written him off already after a couple of games and goals, in much the same way as everyone on here slagged of Wood, and Roofe.....
    And Sideshow Brown has had a rest, as has Dallas, Beradi, Douglas, Phillips had a 3 game rest recently, so tonight's the night.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)