+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The dunt want to gu up"---January Transfer Windows

"The dunt want to gu up"---January Transfer Windows

We ent dun too well in recent Januarys---

Jan 17--The sale of Hourihane, Winnall and Bree when we were going well in the Championship

Jan 18--The appointment of Morais

Jan 19--The sale of Potts and Moncur and the lack of adding a first team ready striker to a paper thin strike force, tekkin the risk that no one would get injured.

Am tellin thi nar, and this is fo nowt this is, this lot dunt want to gu up.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 28-02-2019 at 04:18 PM.

I don't think it's they don't want to go up SB? I think they just love money more than they should? Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate, but the recent guardians of the club prefer to accumulate.
    I know they want to keep us afloat and I don't know the exact finances of the club, but it seems that now we need to constantly make a profit!
    I agree with what Ponte said on the Keiffer thread, Adeboyejo, Hedges, Thiam and Brown could step in up front alongside Woodrow with Green or Hedges coming in on the wing and Dougall coming in for Bahre?
    This is surely what Stendel was thinking when the window came up? He was probably hoping that if he spends nothing in January, he will have more to spend for a Championship campaign and be able to strengthen with better players?

What really bugs me about last transfer window , Was identifying our main target , and then
    knowing he wouldn't be able to play for us this Season
    Bizarre beyond belief .

It's what the Old Gits used to mutter leeavin grarnd in old days at the point when another season of hope was deflated and the words became a standing jooak back then.

The OGC Nice fans evva modern version ovvit. They have compared the fanfare surrounding the arrival of The Dog and the subsequent decline as being like "the fall of a souffle".

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    What really bugs me about last transfer window , Was identifying our main target , and then
    Bizarre beyond belief .
    That George Miller musta been the wun Goat and Hoss wo pillakin the East Dene lads abart at Burnley saying we wud be "really pleased about our No 1 target signing" who wo on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Bizarre beyond belief .

It is crazy I agree Roma

The end of the season will be my judge and jury .

We've had enough warnings all season about how light we were up top and we've just about managed to get away with it , concerns were raised on this board at several points this season including January .

The happy clappers of course would have none of it amongst us .

The business end of the season is now upon us and we have one recognised striker .

Stendel needs to find a solution although this situation doesn't reflect on him given the remarkable way he's managed his squad without any real support from the hierarchy .

As Hecky found out , it doesn't matter how well you are doing in the technical area the club past and present can soon knock you down to their level of ambition.

The final analysis will reveal itself soon enough .

Get ready now150 Chinese billionaires have lost their status cos of Chinese crash on stock market wonder if the dog is one of them

9 pages and counting on the Mackems forum , bless em !!!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...eason.1463826/

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    9 pages and counting on the Mackems forum , bless em !!!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/thread...eason.1463826/

The obsessed wi us, like Wardy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast