+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul McMullan contract extension?

Paul McMullan contract extension?

The Tele are reporting we are about to extend his contract. Personally, I wouldn't.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/f...e-united-deal/

Nor would I.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca_Sheikh View Post
    Nor would I.
    Signed - we have better and there's no way he's good enough for a higher level

I'm all for it. I quite like him

Agreed, good player

A definite no from me. If we extend his contract then it would appear to me that we are resigning ourselves to another season in this league. Not the level required for the top league, no way.

Got admit this is a surprise. But happy to let Robbie decide these things.

When he's on his best game I think he could play in the top league. Problem is, he's pretty inconsistent. Also a poor finisher. He doesn't give me the impression that he's got improvement to come. Robbie must think that he can get more from him though.

He's just another (so called) winger that would rather cut into the centre of the park than take on a full-back and get a cross in.

We've got enough players like that and it's a big problem for us. Tuesday showed this up badly with the centre of the park becoming totally congested resulting in lost possession and very little penetration.

I lost count of the number of times on Tuesday night that we won the ball, created well from the middle, set up a promising attack, only then to give the ball to McMullen who promptly gave away cheap posession allowing ICT to break forward.

He should be a squad player, no more no less. He should not be a starter in a month of Sundays.

Slight puzzler but willing to back Robbie in these things.

He’s still quite young and maybe that’s part of the motivation.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)