+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paul McMullan contract extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    If it was between him and Stanton though, it would be Stanton all the way!
    Absolutely not, as much as McMullan frustrates me I'd have him in the team before Stanton any day.

I don't mind it as a squad player but his end product is zero, he is a good bit behind C. Smith and Nesbitt for me

However Neilson most think he can improve some of these weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Absolutely not, as much as McMullan frustrates me I'd have him in the team before Stanton any day.
    So you would rather have someone who cannae beat one man on the wing in ahead of someone who can dance through a packed defence then dispatch the ball past the keeper? Remember that Stanton has been shackled by having to support Fyvie coming back far too early!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    I don't mind it as a squad player but his end product is zero, he is a good bit behind C. Smith and Nesbitt for me

However Neilson most think he can improve some of these weaknesses
    The more i think of it, i am finding the Nesbitt situation all the stranger. When he came on the other night, he was soon making sure one of his knees were ok and limping quite a bit. Is he another of the continually injured?

Quote Originally Posted by marradonna View Post
    Signed - we have better and there's no way he's good enough for a higher level
    On his total performances I have to agree.

Nice avatar btw . Defo Dundee's Maradona

I'm ok with this, saves possibly spending a fee on a replacement and fair to use some of that saving to up his wages a bit. He's still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    So you would rather have someone who cannae beat one man on the wing in ahead of someone who can dance through a packed defence then dispatch the ball past the keeper? Remember that Stanton has been shackled by having to support Fyvie coming back far too early!
    How often did Stanton do that?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    How often did Stanton do that?
    Mair times than McMullan, King and Aird beat their man!

Would not keep McMullan, not good enough (for us) even at this level.

Bin him and sign Mcdade from Ayr. A proper winger.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)