+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Football

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    If anybody want's to come please abide by the rules disability or over 55 . Its no good coming if you play Sunday league every week and are as fit as a fiddle just wont work .Some of the guys are very limited at what they can do .But on the other hand there is a 60+ who played county senior at 47.
    Well I'm 60. I don't play Sunday League at all. I'm not as fit as a fiddle though hopefully not on my last legs. Sounds like I might pass pokers!

I don't mind if I get picked last by the way. I got used to that at school.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Not played it, but have played foot-golf, which was quite good, although just playing it in ordinary shoes made my feet a bit sore. Probably should have worn trainers (or football boots), which I didn't have with me at the time.
    Played foot golf 100% fun day.
    But after 18 holes of hoofing. Next day I was crippled 😁

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well I'm 60. I don't play Sunday League at all. I'm not as fit as a fiddle though hopefully not on my last legs. Sounds like I might pass pokers!

I don't mind if I get picked last by the way. I got used to that at school.
    Come have a go Roly its a good lark.

I think you may have persuaded me pokers. I will be the good looking one!

Pokers, do you attend the Monday morning meetings of Mature Millers? If so, we may have met. Go for it Roly.

No Sota i don't .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    We start at 12 we do a warm up first by 12.30 the teams are picked please get there for 12. If anybody want's to come please abide by the rules disability or over 55 . Its no good coming if you play Sunday league every week and are as fit as a fiddle just wont work .Some of the guys are very limited at what they can do .But on the other hand there is a 60+ who played county senior at 47. Some good men there and Emma at the community trust supports us well. People that go to away game will probably recognise me .I will be there on Wed if anybody fancies a try. oh bring 2 quid subs : no freebies
    You know what pal I think you've talked me into this.

Directions please? Is it on the old East wood trading estate?

I believe that's where it is Brin, maybe the old Queens/Asda building?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I believe that's where it is Brin, maybe the old Queens/Asda building?
    Sota, amazing that you remember it as the old Queens building as not many Rotherham folk would recall that. Plus how many would know ASDA as Associated Dairies?

Indeed Brin. Ask for Danny B and he'll sort you out. I played alongside him for many years and he taught me all that I know.... a top bloke.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast