+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Walking Football

Walking Football

Just wondered if any of our senior members had tried this and if so what they thought of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Just wondered if any of our senior members had tried this and if so what they thought of it.
    Not played it, but have played foot-golf, which was quite good, although just playing it in ordinary shoes made my feet a bit sore. Probably should have worn trainers (or football boots), which I didn't have with me at the time.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-02-2019 at 10:04 PM.

I play for the Mature Millers .Restrictions are quite harsh to play over 55s only used to be 60 unless you have a disability i qualify as a 47 year old with a full spinal fusion my mobility is restricted and i have balance problems.Most of the guys are 55 and over Mr Tom Charlton plays with us we have a good group in fact we hire 2 pitches now every week .Its funded by the community trust but we pay subs as well each week . We play 3 touch above head height . Tournaments are arranged but its over 55 only for those i believe .

Thanks for that information PokerMiller

Where & when ?

Excellent stuff Pokers. I know a few of the Mature Millers very well and attend their Monday meetings whenever I'm in town (not often enough). Great bunch of blokes. I'll bet the walking football is brilliant.

Must admit I do fancy it but aint a clue how to get into a team. Whether I would be any good or not is another thing!
    Maybe if we can find a prolific scorer we could sign him up for the Millers!

I've done it and actually, for those without mobility issues it cans still be quite sore. Because you are used to running all the time, it makes you tense up a lot, Your legs are getting ready to run, then not being able to over and over again. Basically think about our league position at the moment and the repeated clenching going on there, it's a similar effect. So, while it isn't a massive calorie burner, it is good for keeping muscles active.

I don’t think it will be a problem for DB as he never got above walking pace when he was young lol Don’t tell him Jock I’m just kidding 😊

Seems a great idea and should be encouraged

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast