+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Northampton

Northampton

Was Exeter just a blip or normality resumed? We're practically safe now so there should be no pressure holding us back from playing good football. Will DA change the team? Should Dale get a start. What do you think?
    For me it'll be a 1-1 draw and DA won't change his line-up. Northampton are positioned in a placing that we always have difficulty beating.
    Attendance:3,200.

I am hopeful we will get a positive result in this game, I don't see a changed lineup to do so would be playing into the hands of the trolls which we need to eradicate, hopefully only those who want to support the team will turn up for this game and the scum who hurl abuse at players will stay away.

Well, that was awful! Shades of the beginning of the season - we could have all day and not scored. Just because Porter has had a good run, shouldn't mean that all we do is pump the ball up in his general direction. For a start, he was on his own and so they put 2 or 3 big burly defenders on him. We need to get the ball into box, along the ground and preferably at the feet of someone with quick feet.
    As for the match in general, it was clear what Northampton's tactics were and they were ably assisted in their thuggishness by a referee who thought flattening someone as they're about to be left straggling was well within the laws of the game!
    Surely the writing is on the wall for Bowery. I have stuck by him for most of the season but, at the moment he issued just a passenger. He has no guile, nous or anticipation. Miller did much more in his short spell than Bowery did in over an hour.
    Also why did we have a loanee right back playing on the left?
    I could go on but I can't be bothered.
    DA needs to have a good hard look at his formation/tactics.