+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Macclesfield players not paid again

Macclesfield players not paid again

According to news on twitter.

Wonder if it will prompt a Sol walkout?

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Wonder if it will prompt a Sol
    walkout?
    His chauffer is warming the Bentley as we speak.

I bet he earns more than all of them put together

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    never enjoy seeing another team suffer, unless it could benefit us. If they go into Admin and we somehow avoid it, it gives us one less team to compete against to stay up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Doubt he's on that much. Macc simply don't have the funds.

Maybe we're reaching the point that has to come one day that England and Wales cannot support 92+ teams as fully professional. I always wondered this back in the 70's & 80's and that was before the big teams kept the money for themselves plus most of the TV and sponsorship cash. I cant seem to find any other comparable country that has this number. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Maybe we're reaching the point that has to come one day that England and Wales cannot support 92+ teams as fully professional. I always wondered this back in the 70's & 80's and that was before the big teams kept the money for themselves plus most of the TV and sponsorship cash. I cant seem to find any other comparable country that has this number. Please enlighten me if I'm wrong.

I've often wondered, how many teams actually make any profit? I include Prem teams in that as well. Forest lose £400,000 A WEEK. The whole thing is just not sustainable.

Name:  Capture2.jpg
Views: 1159
Size:  13.9 KB

Thank God they introduced FFP, otherwise football would be in a right old mess. Oh, hang on...

I still don’t understand how clubs like F***** lose so much money given that they average 25,000 or whatever and get decent TV money. I assume it’s a combo of bad management (always sacking managers), large squad and astronomical wages being driven by the parachute payments to rival teams. And all for the reward of potentially being tonked 5-0 by one of the big six at 12:30 on a Saturday lunchtime.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Thank God they introduced FFP, otherwise football would be in a right old mess. Oh, hang on...

I still don’t understand how clubs like F***** lose so much money given that they average 25,000 or whatever and get decent TV money. I assume it’s a combo of bad management (always sacking managers), large squad and astronomical wages being driven by the parachute payments to rival teams. And all for the reward of potentially being tonked 5-0 by one of the big six at 12:30 on a Saturday lunchtime.
    They have had quite in big jump in attendances this season, but it's a bit misleading regarding finances. I doubt their gate income has gone up at all, because nearly all the 'new' fans are kids on very cheap season ticket deals. It's a good way to get the next generation hooked, but it remains to be seen how long they can sustain it given the cash they are losing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast