+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnificent minority

Magnificent minority

I am overjoyed.
    County fans are in a minority in this City.
    The posters on this board are a small minority of those that follow NCFC.
    However, I am filled with pride of the depth of feeling and love for our football club that we and other Notts fans have.
    My wife would tell you it's weird to feel as I do about a football team.
    I've often wondered at the rationale for the passion I feel for something that has repeatedly let me down.
    Now I know why.
    With it's possible, but improbable demise I am horrified that I could no longer get my fix of the Notts County/Meadow Lane yoyo team has been part of my life for 50 years.
    One or two have suggested that they could or may not be able to support a AFC Notts County team? I'll come back to that.
    The vast majority of posters though, I know, will probably if possible continue following NCFC with increased passion, ensuring the club continues in whatever guise simply because it is OUR club.
    To those uncertain they could follow an alternative version of NCFC, check yourself. You either are a MAGPIE or you're not. Simple!!!!
    COYP

If it comes down to it, and we end up with AFC Notts County playing in level 10, possibly having to ground share, then I'll still be supporting and there when I can.

The only thing that would stop me is in a scenario like MK Dons where we were transferred to a town miles away! Can't imagine that happening though! Even if that happened, I'm sure there would be Notts Phoenix team established.

I think it's all very well us proclaiming our love for Notts, but the sad reality is that supporters may end up having to actually do something if the club is to survive. Not talking just turning up on Saturdays, but perhaps galvanising into action to be ready to fund raise again if needed. Perilous times, and who knows how many of these consortia (?sp) actually exist...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    If it comes down to it, and we end up with AFC Notts County playing in level 10, possibly having to ground share, then I'll still be supporting and there when I can.

The only thing that would stop me is in a scenario like MK Dons where we were transferred to a town miles away! Can't imagine that happening though! Even if that happened, I'm sure there would be Notts Phoenix team established.
    But what if that ground share was at the temple of sin across the river that would really be a test of your/anybody's allegiance.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I think it's all very well us proclaiming our love for Notts, but the sad reality is that supporters may end up having to actually do something if the club is to survive. Not talking just turning up on Saturdays, but perhaps galvanising into action to be ready to fund raise again if needed. Perilous times, and who knows how many of these consortia (?sp) actually exist...
    Agreed.

Really can't see what can be done though in the current situation - £'s needed just too much. Not being pessimistic but realistic.

I'm sure that we'd do what we can ... just looks so huge.

The only thing I'm holding on to is that the Paragon Admins seem to be willing to work with Notts - I know it's all in the Paragon interest but does suggest that maybe, just maybe there's some hope.

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    But what if that ground share was at the temple of sin across the river that would really be a test of your/anybody's allegiance.
    No way would a ground share in non-league be across there.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    No thanks, just about had a belly full, I'll support Notts if they drop a couple of leagues but an AFC Notts County playing at Arnold town, no.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    No thanks, just about had a belly full, I'll support Notts if they drop a couple of leagues but an AFC Notts County playing at Arnold town, no.
    I will still be a supporter whatever Phoenix rises from the ashes - COYP

Quote Originally Posted by since41 View Post
    Soubry

Nothing else to worry you deary?

Ironically, if this is to be the end of Notts as a Football League Club, our last league games against our East Midlands rivals Fword, Leicester and Mansfield all ended in victories for Notts and we were unbeaten in all four of our last four league games against Derby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast