+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy statement

When I first saw the statement my initial reaction was "typical Alan Hardy . . . me, me, me!" but now I've had time to think about it I don't think this was his decision, I imagine he was advised to make the statement by his legal team in an attempt to diffuse any scaremongering in advance that might have a negative affect on what they are trying to achieve with the sale of both Paragon and Notts.

From a personal point of view I certainly didn't need to know he wasn't going to be there tomorrow, I don't care if he never sets foot in the club again.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Honestly I think it's all a bit sad really.
    He took on the club with good intensions and perhaps a blind sense of what it actually entailed.

Yes he was a little too active on twitter but again it was how he liked to do things. The problem is you are there to be shot at when you are so accessible to the public.
    We are now looking at a man who was so proud and happy to take over Notts to one who is now afraid to even go to a match.

I just hope those at Paragon and everyone who is waiting to hear if they have bad news both around his family, commitments and club. I also hope he is OK personally, this can't be good for him.

It went wrong but I for one won't be taking any joy over his exit.
    Great post and I agree with every word. Few things have bewildered me about more about Notts than how everything has gone south in the last few months, and i haven’t got my livelihood on the line.

He has done a lot of good things with ticket prices, getting more kids in, getting the crowds up, and general promotion of the club. Real shame it’s ending like it is.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 01-03-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Hope he can afford his iFollow subscription but the only announcement I'm really interested in is that he's found a sensible buyer.

I have felt sorry for him but I feel more sorry for the state the club is in. Having said that I wouldn't want to see a repeat of what happened to the Trews, he doesn't deserve abuse but you could understand people being angry as it's now gone beyond a dreadful season on the pitch, there's no getting away from the fact that we have been terribly mismanaged yet again. Probably for the best that he does stay away from now on.

He took on the club with good intensions and perhaps a blind sense of what it actually entailed.

Yes he was a little too active on twitter but again it was how he liked to do things. The problem is you are there to be shot at when you are so accessible to the public.
    We are now looking at a man who was so proud and happy to take over Notts to one who is now afraid to even go to a match.

I just hope those at Paragon and everyone who is waiting to hear if they have bad news both around his family, commitments and club. I also hope he is OK personally, this can't be good for him.

Me neither. Unlike Peter Storrier or Rodwell who just leeched from the club, Hardy has thrown away his business through his spending on us.
    The phrase I keep coming back to is one my dad told me once when I'd been a stupid boy ; " the road to hell is paved with good intentions". Don't know who wrote it but it's always stuck with me and Hardy's gone there. I'd hate to be in his shoes right now no matter how much money he has.

Russell King had nothing but malicious intentions when he fraudulently acquired Notts County FC and stole from the business. He deserves to be remembered with contempt.

Ray Trew and Alan Hardy in my view both bought the club with every intention of taking us forward, and no doubt would have basked in the glory if they had achieved it, but unfortunately they both overstretched themselves in remarkably similar ways, with almost identical outcomes. Both did plenty of good things for the club in the earlier parts of their tenure, but self-evidently there's ultimately a case to be answered about their judgement and competence.

I do not think for one moment that either Trew or Hardy intended to take the World's Oldest Football League Club to its grave. Hopefully, the club will arrive in the hands of a new owner and get through this. If so, then rather than condemning the likes of Trew and Hardy, I hope the next owner can learn something from their mistakes. That would be far more beneficial. The reality is that Notts County FC has not been a properly solvent business for most of the past 50 years.
    Last edited by jackal2; 01-03-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Apparently he is struggling for a lift !

Yeah, I'll agree with that. I know this whole nightmare is affecting loads of people, from us fans to the staff at Paragon. But I also feel for Hardy. Just two years ago, he was a successful local business man, and a proud owner of a football club. He seemed to make all the right decisions up until last summer. Since then it has been one long nightmare that nobody saw coming. He must be utterly bewildered - I am, and it's not my responsibility. He's seen his business collapse, and his health decline. He's lost money, his dignity, his self-confidence. I know a lot of this is his fault - the refusal to quit Twitter and the unprofessional arguing with rival fans - but still, he really tried to make this club a success. For a moment, it looked like it might just work!

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    Apparently he is struggling for a lift !
    Yes very funny, your sense of humour should be in a dustbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Yes very funny, your sense of humour should be in a dustbin.
    Agreed, there seems to be people on here taking delight in his situation, and happy to kick a man when he’s down.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast