+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alioski

Alioski

Love him or hate him his energy and fitness levels are unbelievable. Winning or losing he never stops running. He impressed me tonight I have to say..

those on here that slag him off every week must be mentally impared. if one player in our squad has bought into the Bielsa thing its Alioski, he epitomises everything the new vision stands for. His workrate is phoenomenal, id love to see the stats, i bet noone in the championship runs further than him in a game, always tackling back, yet everytime we are forward, there he is!
    They were all good last night, Nice to see Roberts finally fitting into the system, but for me, Alioski was stand out MOM last night.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    those on here that slag him off every week must be mentally impared. if one player in our squad has bought into the Bielsa thing its Alioski, he epitomises everything the new vision stands for. His workrate is phoenomenal, id love to see the stats, i bet noone in the championship runs further than him in a game, always tackling back, yet everytime we are forward, there he is!
    They were all good last night, Nice to see Roberts finally fitting into the system, but for me, Alioski was stand out MOM last night.
    Yes you can certainly see why Bielsa has him in there. Successful teams always have those bustling type workhorses. I think people may have sold him a little short last season also. You recall when I mentioned how many times he featured in the video of all our goals for the season. Didn't score as many as hoped, but had a hand in a hell of a lot of them! I guess the lack of poise in finishing is what holds him back from being top class.

I am not a huge fan but he is playing well. He was superb last night to say the least and fair play to him. I always thought he was a good squad player ideally but he is proving me wrong and i am very happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    Amen to all of that

Brilliant Alioski. Brilliant Bielsa for playing him in that position

Guilty, but only for slagging him for being offside so much. His position now helps to minimise that. Never could fault his efforts.

I have only ever criticised his inability to stay onside and I still believe he has played much better at left back (albeit a very attacking version). His work rate, commitment and fitness are phenomenal. He also had a little bit of an edge and doesn't take any grief from the big boys.

Last night he was exceptional (as, to my enormous surprise, was Roberts). He really deserved his goal at the end.

Credit, where credits due, he was quality last night, when he just plays football and doesn't get involved in any crazy "off the ball stuff".
    When he joined with Saiz, ( the flashier type player ) stole the show - think Allioski has now matured & come out of his shell.

think we can all agree, better at fullback with the game infront of him strays offside less, regarding his getting "involved with the silly stuff", i have to say, i enjoy watching our players getting involved!Adds a little spiciness to the dish, always a good thing, hes like Berardi with skill!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)