+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves v Cardiff Matchday Thread

After the poor display at Huddersfield I was hoping for a reaction and there certainly was. Nuno made five changes to his starting line up, and I don't know whether it threw Cardiff, but at times it looked like a Premier League side against a conference one. Cardiff started off with plenty of possession, and had a few sorties into the Wolves area. They almost took the lead when a spinning ball almost eluded Ruddy, but he reacted quickly and dived on the ball before it crossed the line.

In almost our first attack we took the lead when some wonderful close interplay involving MGW, Jimenez and Jota saw Jota hammer the ball into the net from close range. Soon afterwards Jota and Jimenez linked well again in the Cardiff area, before the number nine blasted in yet another goal.

Cardiff looked shell shocked and although they huffed and puffed they were often left chasing shadows. Traore was causing all sorts of problems with his blistering pace and was unlucky not to score when he shot wide after a run from the half way line. I expected more goals in the second half but Wolves were happy to let the visitors have the ball and then nick it off them. Vinagre on the left was having a terrific game and brought a world class save out of the Cardiff keeper. Neil Etheridge went on to make several terrific saves to keep the score at 2-0.

Romain Saiss, I thought had a very good game and will certainly be needed in defence next Sunday at Chelsea, with Ryan Bennett picking up yet another yellow, which in turn will see him pick up a two game ban. The physical game that the Welsh side are noted for was not apparent and Dendoncker with Saiss controlled the midfield.

To be critical, we had the chance to really enhance our goal difference, but we failed to take it. I felt we needed a third even though we dominated, it only takes one slip and the visitors would have had a foothold back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greavseywolf View Post
    half time 2-0

ahm going ..fucked if i am talking to mysen all afternoon
    Don’t hold back Greavesy! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    After the poor display at Huddersfield I was hoping for a reaction and there certainly was. Nuno made five changes to his starting line up, and I don't know whether it threw Cardiff, but at times it looked like a Premier League side against a conference one. Cardiff started off with plenty of possession, and had a few sorties into the Wolves area. They almost took the lead when a spinning ball almost eluded Ruddy, but he reacted quickly and dived on the ball before it crossed the line.

In almost our first attack we took the lead when some wonderful close interplay involving MGW, Jimenez and Jota saw Jota hammer the ball into the net from close range. Soon afterwards Jota and Jimenez linked well again in the Cardiff area, before the number nine blasted in yet another goal.

Cardiff looked shell shocked and although they huffed and puffed they were often left chasing shadows. Traore was causing all sorts of problems with his blistering pace and was unlucky not to score when he shot wide after a run from the half way line. I expected more goals in the second half but Wolves were happy to let the visitors have the ball and then nick it off them. Vinagre on the left was having a terrific game and brought a world class save out of the Cardiff keeper. Neil Etheridge went on to make several terrific saves to keep the score at 2-0.

Romain Saiss, I thought had a very good game and will certainly be needed in defence next Sunday at Chelsea, with Ryan Bennett picking up yet another yellow, which in turn will see him pick up a two game ban. The physical game that the Welsh side are noted for was not apparent and Dendoncker with Saiss controlled the midfield.

To be critical, we had the chance to really enhance our goal difference, but we failed to take it. I felt we needed a third even though we dominated, it only takes one slip and the visitors would have had a foothold back in the game.
    Great report Abbo 👍

Probably Traores best performance, bar his finishing, is it me or is he trying to hard?

Fair play to Nuno for the squad reshuffle... it was inspired playing Dendoncker and Saiss together against Cardiff’s physical style

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    Great report Abbo ��

Probably Traores best performance, bar his finishing, is it me or is he trying to hard?

Fair play to Nuno for the squad reshuffle... it was inspired playing Dendoncker and Saiss together against Cardiff’s physical style
    Dendoncker is fast becoming a very valuable asset.
    From nowhere to one of the first names on Nuno's teamsheet in a couple of months.
    He's a right pain in the arse to opposing players-always gnawing away at them and he can play a bit too. Likes arriving late from midfield, I loved the way he had to get out of the way for Raul's goal today.
    Young, enthusiastic and will only get better.

Hearing that it all kicked off at half time under the Steve Bull stand with the Cardiff supporters attacking the police. I noticed that as I was leaving in the car there was trouble over by the coach park.. Cardiff supporters saying that the police would not release the Coaches

It was good to see Wolves bounce back with a win yesterday, especially after the two below average away performances at Bournemouth
    and Huddersfield. I was surprised before kick off with the number of changes Nuno made to his starting line up, but it was justified by the players selected and by the end result.

Bar the Ruddy fumble early on and the effort that drifted past the post right on half time, Cardiff barely troubled Wolves. The football Wolves played was good to see. The first goal is as good as any i will see this season, and the second was made to look so easy. I have said for a while now how good Jota is playing and Cardiff couldn't handle for the time he was on the pitch.

I'm glad Traore got the support from the crowd and you see his confidence growing, his pace is frightening, Vinagre wasn't afraid to attack at will. The only thing missing from the performance yesterday was more goals, but for Cardiff keeper Etheridge.

Cardiff only really have one way to play and set-pieces are where they threaten most, but Wolves defended well against them. I think some times in games you look at turning points and key moments. I'm glad the ref showed common sense in not issuing Bennett with a second yellow. I wouldn't have complained if he had. If it was the other way around i would have been shouting for one.

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    Hearing that it all kicked off at half time under the Steve Bull stand with the Cardiff supporters attacking the police. I noticed that as I was leaving in the car there was trouble over by the coach park.. Cardiff supporters saying that the police would not release the Coaches
    I won't be sorry to see Cardiff go down, or will i be if i don't see their fans at Molineux again in the near future. Our fans are no angels either.

Enjoy!

More highlights to enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)