+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The day after.......

The day after.......

..... a defeat I am usually philosophical and think that it was just a 'bad day at the office, get over it and look forward to the next game'. However, this morning it's different. What a shocking performance! Along with most other fans, if they have any sense, I expected it to be a tough game but never, in a month of Sunday's, did I expect to be humiliated in such a manner, and let's face it, it was a humiliation. We were lucky to come second! I don't intend that comment to be trite, just trying to show how shocking we were. The players owe the fans big style and must ensure that they put in a performance of real quality against Ipswich. Darren Moore, you must also look at your selection, who you play where and the tactics employed.

The loss of Harvey Barnes as been a huge factor for me. He got us out of a hole on many occasions. No real impact player left now to get Moore out of the mess he creates.

The squad consists of loan players who are trying to prove themselves to another club, though if they aren't ready for that club they aren't ready for us; several players who feel they are top flight players and wish they had been given the chance to move on in the summer, our own kids who, Harper apart, don't seem good enough, all led by a clueless manager.
    How the hell we are top six is beyond me. What we will have available next season is very worrying.
    Barnes did a great job and lifted the rest of the players whilst he played for us, papering over the cracks and flaws.

Personally I think it was suicide to play three up front last night against a decent side like Leeds. This left our midfield struggling especially as it contained no pace with Livermore, Barry and Harper in there. Harper is a wonderful talent on the ball but he is woefully short of pace when having to track back. A 4-4-2 set up would have been much appropriate given the circumstance last night.

A 4-4-2 line up is always more appropriate. Next best 4-5-1. 4-3-3 leaves the midfield weak. Tell DM if you bump into him.

its not like your cr@p, when we play like that, few teams can live with us, we didnt allow you to play, weve done it to a few sides this season. Trouble is, playing with that kind of intensity is impossible every week, sometimes we lose and look spent. Your not out of it yet by any means. Norwich and Blunts both got tough matches this weekend....

I could not believe the personnel and formation was not changed at half time. What did he see first half that was working?
    In the whole of January we couldn't find a better footballer than Kan't do?
    like for like subs yet again.
    Dawson has now added the art of not defending to his resume. What are his pass completion stats? Not including 5 yard ones to Hegazi and Holgate.

Johnstones "after dives" are apologetic and Crichtonesque.

Townsend, Bartley. Murphy, Johanson. Mears, Hoolahan, Montero. All signings made this season. None are starting. What was the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I could not believe the personnel and formation was not changed at half time. What did he see first half that was working?
    In the whole of January we couldn't find a better footballer than Kan't do?
    like for like subs yet again.
    Dawson has now added the art of not defending to his resume. What are his pass completion stats? Not including 5 yard ones to Hegazi and Holgate.

Johnstones "after dives" are apologetic and Crichtonesque.

Townsend, Bartley. Murphy, Johanson. Mears, Hoolahan, Montero. All signings made this season. None are starting. What was the point?
    You are so spot on with these comments!!! That’s what my son said - why the hell was it not changed at half time when we were run ragged. Agree totally on your other points and beginning to think why bring all these other players in!!!! Field does not know if he’s coming or going too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    its not like your cr@p, when we play like that, few teams can live with us, we didnt allow you to play, weve done it to a few sides this season. Trouble is, playing with that kind of intensity is impossible every week, sometimes we lose and look spent. Your not out of it yet by any means. Norwich and Blunts both got tough matches this weekend....
    I must give credit to the Leeds team. They were like maniacs running and chasing around. You’d have thought their lives depended on it. But there was a real intelligence with it, a really well drilled side.
    Norwich have a team of midgets who can skip and pass it around and She Utd are a team of grafters. But on that performance Leeds look like the champions to me.

Quote Originally Posted by wbaliquidator View Post
    I must give credit to the Leeds team. They were like maniacs running and chasing around. You’d have thought their lives depended on it. But there was a real intelligence with it, a really well drilled side.
    Norwich have a team of midgets who can skip and pass it around and She Utd are a team of grafters. But on that performance Leeds look like the champions to me.
    Can't argue with your comments regarding Leeds as they were excellent. However, you have to factor in how appalling we were. I'm not in any way taking credit away from Leeds but they could have faced more resilient opposition.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)