+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kion Etete

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Isn't one of the points to sell players on and make money for the club? As you said, if we have any youngsters with real talent, they'll be off before they make an impact on the first team. That leaves us with the odd Hollis or Thompson - good enough to make the first team, but not good enough to take the club forward. But hey, if we got decent money for Dongda He, that lad who went to Liverpool, and now Etete, it's surely worth it, no?

Still, no idea how we managed to do a deal for Etete outside of the tranny window - if that's what happened.
    I think they changed the rules a few years ago, the days of £2 million for a Pennant are gone, the Premier league clubs now hoover up talent for a maximum £250,000 fee I believe, the real money is in the sell on clauses.
    I think Ray Trew voted against the change but the Premier league were going to withhold any monies to the lower leagues if their proposal was voted down and the league chairmen buckled.
    Could be wrong perhaps someone can clarify .

didn't Etete sign a pro contract when he turned 17?

Also I thought you can sign players outside the window but just not play them until the next one, which shouldn't be too much of an issue unless Kane gets crocked again

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard_Bresslaw View Post
    didn't Etete sign a pro contract when he turned 17?
    Yes literally on his 17th birthday if I recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes literally on his 17th birthday if I recall correctly
    Thought so Swale. In that case surely we would get a fee as we would if he was a grownup and not just fixed compensation.

If this chap is good enough for bigger teams to be scouting him... why the hell can't he get into the Notts starting 11... we are totally blunt up front... it's just bizarre

We will get a fee for him but clubs know we are in our knees financially so that reduces the fee we may get £200k for him that is nothing for a premier league team.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Assuming it is the same Craig Wallace (I have no idea) then something has clearly gone very wrong with the recruitment checks at Notts. Anyone working with youngsters in this sort of setting should be having an enhanced DBS check before being appointed. That conviction (again if it is the same person) would show up on the check...
    Exactly Cher1. And yes it is the same person. Beverley Markland handles HR doesn't she, another on of Hardy's puppets. Recruitment has been very wrong for years at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We will get a fee for him but clubs know we are in our knees financially so that reduces the fee we may get £200k for him that is nothing for a premier league team.
    McGoldrick all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I think they changed the rules a few years ago, the days of £2 million for a Pennant are gone, the Premier league clubs now hoover up talent for a maximum £250,000 fee I believe, the real money is in the sell on clauses.
    I think Ray Trew voted against the change but the Premier league were going to withhold any monies to the lower leagues if their proposal was voted down and the league chairmen buckled.
    Could be wrong perhaps someone can clarify .
    Not if they are professionals they can't.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    How do you think all the posters feel about your constant whining about the same thing?
    You made your point months ago now give it a rest we have enough to worry about as it is.
    Yes we do, like I told you months ago.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast