+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Match Ratings V Potty Vale

I thought Stead was simply awful and offered nothing.... outjumped, outplayed and easily knocked off the ball. He backs into defenders, falls on his arse and appeals.... that’s it.

Has anyone ever see this 6’3” giant, win a header?

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I thought Stead was simply awful and offered nothing.... outjumped, outplayed and easily knocked off the ball. He backs into defenders, falls on his arse and appeals.... that’s it.

I'd agree with that. Bar one good run in the first half, I thought he was woeful. His game was epitomised in the second half when he came to meet a ball which bounced clear over the top of him. He spends too much time looking for cheap free kicks and his touch is often shocking. I've generally been a fan of Stead, but am losing faith rapidly. Although to be fair to him, he was in good company today.

Stead was poor. Who else can we play up there though? We've looked even worse without him there at times.
    Defence played well, they have to, Schofield comes for nothing. Great shot stopper but dodgy against everything and anything lobbed into the box.
    Milsom MOTM.
    Strikers didn't hold the ball up, midfield wasteful with the ball and out ran by Vale.
    We lost all the scruffy head tennis / second ball scuffles that we won against Lincoln and Stags.

Think that's sunk us, had to be a win today, can't keep putting off the great escape forever.
    As bad a week as I can remember for us.

Pugwash has had a problem with Enzio from day 1. Who knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post

I've been saying that about him for the last 2 seasons, yet he still manages to play every game. I dont think Ardley has the balls to leave him out...

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Stead was poor. Who else can we play up there though? We've looked even worse without him there at times.
    Defence played well, they have to, Schofield comes for nothing. Great shot stopper but dodgy against everything and anything lobbed into the box.
    Milsom MOTM.
    Strikers didn't hold the ball up, midfield wasteful with the ball and out ran by Vale.
    We lost all the scruffy head tennis / second ball scuffles that we won against Lincoln and Stags.

Think that's sunk us, had to be a win today, can't keep putting off the great escape forever.
    As bad a week as I can remember for us.
    You can rest assured there will be worse weeks to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Pugwash has had a problem with Enzio from day 1. Who knows why.
    Because he's crap, simple. I know you would like to play the card.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought Ricky cost 40k but I might be wrong. Just like Enzio he cost us a lot. Just like Enzio, he was useless.
    You are right navypie. We signed him from Chesterfield for 40k. I remember his first game at the lane, he got put thru on goal with just the goalie to beat and he fell over... We seem to still have a few of those in our ranks today...

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    I thought Ricky cost 40k but I might be wrong. Just like Enzio he cost us a lot. Just like Enzio, he was useless.
    Maybe you're right there. He scored a lot of goals at Chesterfield, which rings a bell. When I first used this site he was considered the undisputed no 9 in our worst ever XI. Since then we had had a succession of awful owners employing even more awful managers buying absolute ****e. So I can't see him as our worst any more. And also, he was bad in the second tier, whereas this lot are bad by non-league standards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12