+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Terrace gossip.....what have you been told/know of late?

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Some good stuff and some daft stuff on here.
    Ball certainly isn't coming back as his deal is up at the end of June. I was told off on Twitter by Paul's wife for saying they don't get on so I will just say they aren't best friends and leave it at that.
    Brin isn't far off with the 6k, the top whack is 325k per year but I believe several of the first team are on the same money.
    The bit about Robertson is a bit of a red herring, the players choose where they live, as long as they can get to training on time there are no rules on distance. A good portion of the squad lives in greater Manchester and many more live in Sheffield. If he lives in Catcliffe then he must have found a property he liked.
    I think the Palmer thing is an exaggeration of the truth but don't expect to see him in a Rotherham shirt again.
    I 100% agree with Grist about the town centre, retail in town centres is in a huge decline all over the country and that is not going to change.

One for me to add that you might find interesting, Billy Jones has been fit all season, no injuries at all. I suspect we had an agreement that Vyner played when fit and we are now paying more for him to sit on the bench than we were when he was playing.
    Think Jones issue was more to do with mental health than physical, there again Warne does work in mysterious ways

I cannot believe we would sign a player that we have to play. If we have Warne is even more naive than i thought .

It happens a lot PMS. I suspect that Bristol City want him to gain as much playing time as possible so we may have been paying very little of his wages whilst he was playing but now he is not, we may be paying all his wages. If Warne thought there wasn't much difference in the two players then it made sense for Vyner to start. For me, at right back the difference is huge between an experienced campaigner such as Jones and Vyner playing out of position but others may disagree. I haven't heard anything in regards to what Millertop said, I was told that Jones had been available all season.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345