+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Kane and Enzio

Enzio is pure class, played up top in the Donny game and looked like he'd played there every game, as for Hemmings, he actually looked good before his injury.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    As for worst signings, take your pick. Hackworth, Caskey, Agana, Haynes, Rimmer, Hawley. We’ve paid a lot of money for not much for years and years and years.
    Caskey was indeed fat and lazy but I still really enjoyed watching him play for Notts because he clearly had more ability in his big toe than the rest of the team put together. You don't captain England U18s without some serious talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkirk-Pie View Post
    Caskey was indeed fat and lazy but I still really enjoyed watching him play for Notts because he clearly had more ability in his big toe than the rest of the team put together. You don't captain England U18s without some serious talent.
    Exactly. I remember going to that Chelsea match in the league cup and Caskey absolutely bossed it - way better than Veron on the night! He may have been fat and slow, but you sensed that he could make something happen if he wanted. Great set pieces, too. The guy was right footed, but he took corners with his left as well!

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    hemmings looked good for us, when we were winning, not so great when we struggled.
    no great loss, as every team needs battlers, only winning teams can afford luxury players like him.
    on his day he can be brilliant.
    Not wanting to scapegoat Hemmings because he's just one underperforming player in an underperforming team, but O just haven't figured out what he does.

When he's brilliant what does he do?

Take away Enzio and we'd be completely toothless - he is literally the only player we have who can create something from nothing. He's in League 2 because he's wildly inconsistent, but he's always an automatic pick for me.

Hemmings, on the other hand, has been a huge disappointment. A "nearly" striker in every sense. I'd still love to hear Nolan explain how he thought Hemmings and Dennis were ever going to function as a strike force.

But Vaughan must go down as the biggest disappointment given his pedigree and presumed salary. Has he actually been on the winning side in a Notts shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Not wanting to scapegoat Hemmings because he's just one underperforming player in an underperforming team, but O just haven't figured out what he does.

When he's brilliant what does he do?

he has the ability to look sheeite for 75 minutes, and then with one pass, one move, can change a game. and look like a world beater.
    (then back to sheeite for the next 14 and a half minutes, usually)

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    he has the ability to look sheeite for 75 minutes, and then with one pass, one move, can change a game. and look like a world beater.
    (then back to sheeite for the next 14 and a half minutes, usually)
    That must have been when I went for a pee then. Dash!

Quote Originally Posted by eyepie View Post
    That must have been when I went for a pee then. Dash!
    that's what Tena-Men are for!

In answer to the original question... Not even close.

Hemmings has been unlucky with injury, as has Enzio although his injury was one single lengthy injury and not a recurring issue like Kane's has been. Enzio is the best player we've had since Alan Judge/Ben Davies/Jack Grealish imo and without him and his goals and assists we'd probably be mathematically relegated already.

As for Hemmings, given chances he will get goals but in general play he's more of a link striker and brings others into the game and drifts out wide, he's not the kind of player to get in behind or play on the last man like Dennis seemed to be (although whenever he made a run in behind he was promptly ignored anyway). He's a better target man than Stead is (which isn't saying much because he's never been great playing that role) but if you play both of those two and go to Hemmings first he's then somehow got to play Jon Stead through on goal... Good luck.

I'd rather see both of them start up front than anything else to be honest. I don't rate Gomis at all, Alessandra has never been a striker and we don't have anyone else that's great on the wing other than CMS, even a 4-3-3 with CMS and Enzio either side of Hemmings would be better than Stead and Hemmings or Stead and Gomis imo.

Schofield

Tootle Stubbs Barclay Milsom

Rose Doyle O'Brien

CMS Hemmings Enzio

Easy.

Yes Delroy, I'd probably give that team a go now, although I would be very worried about Tootle with him having no game time in ages. I still think he's probably finished at this level now due to his injuries and off field problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast