+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mistakes and Free Kicks

Mistakes and Free Kicks

I am trying to remember if I have ever seen us make so many individual mistakes as we did today, particularly when under no pressure at all. Frankly, it was criminal from professional footballers. There was a huge number of miscontrols, poor touches and poor passes across the whole team.

The other thing I noticed was the number of needless and stupid free kicks we gave away.

A very frustrating game all in all.

Also, our set pieces were awful. We don't seem to have a single player capable of delivering a decent dead ball. I never get excited when we win a corner, as you just know nothing will come of it. Have we scored from one this season? And this from a manager who seems obsessed with 'winning both boxes.'

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    I am trying to remember if I have ever seen us make so many individual mistakes as we did today, particularly when under no pressure at all. Frankly, it was criminal from professional footballers. There was a huge number of miscontrols, poor touches and poor passes across the whole team.

The other thing I noticed was the number of needless and stupid free kicks we gave away.

A very frustrating game all in all.
    I think the pressure is getting to the team a bit. They looked tense. We played best when the pressure was off, we weren't expected to beat the likes of Lincoln, Mansfield and Forest Green (which has made me feel a little sick actually!) But games we are needing to win, we tense up.

As for the needless free kicks, I think the ref had a lot to do with that. He let Pope get away with murder and man handling everyone, and the amount of fouls on Stead he let go to then blow up for when one of their players was merely breathed on was a disgrace. And how did he get only 2 minutes of injury time for the whole game? Their number 7 needed treatment for ages (whilst off the pitch) yet he added nothing on

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I think the pressure is getting to the team a bit. They looked tense. We played best when the pressure was off, we weren't expected to beat the likes of Lincoln, Mansfield and Forest Green (which has made me feel a little sick actually!) But games we are needing to win, we tense up.

As for the needless free kicks, I think the ref had a lot to do with that. He let Pope get away with murder and man handling everyone, and the amount of fouls on Stead he let go to then blow up for when one of their players was merely breathed on was a disgrace. And how did he get only 2 minutes of injury time for the whole game? Their number 7 needed treatment for ages (whilst off the pitch) yet he added nothing on
    Spot on. Oh, and them 2 minutes , well I think he only played 30 seconds of them. Their lad went down injured from a corner ( or was it from yet another free kick) Scholfield took the goal kick and he blew up!
    Last edited by navypie; 03-03-2019 at 07:36 AM.