+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greg Stewart

Greg Stewart

How is it possible for Greg Stewart to have been probably one of Kilmarnock's best and most effective players consistently for the first half of the season?
    And then he moves to us for the second half of the season and turns into a pretty much less than bang average ineffective player.

How the fk is that even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    How is it possible for Greg Stewart to have been probably one of Kilmarnock's best and most effective players consistently for the first half of the season?
    And then he moves to us for the second half of the season and turns into a pretty much less than bang average ineffective player.

How the fk is that even possible.
    Simply because Derek just signs players that are available as opposed to ones who will fit in. However you have to ask why did Greg Stewart come back here after how Derek used him last season.

Has he been that bad? He's not scored as many as I would have liked since his return but he's probably our most attacking player.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Has he been that bad? He's not scored as many as I would have liked since his return but he's probably our most attacking player.
    I guess he has not exactly been that bad, but he is nowhere near as effective for us as he was at Killie, and I just don't know why that is, or is it because of our basic DM tactic and instruction of hoof it up the park and aim for the donkey which then subsequently bypasses Stewart (and others obviously)

Someone mentioned that they thought Stewart was too clever a player for us and I think there might be an element of truth n that statement also.

SF

In my humble opinion, he's playing exactly like he did in his first spell and was the reason I didn't care when we didn't get him back at the beginning of the season.

However, his six months at Kilmarnock suggests the problem here is the manager and our style of play.

I'd actually drop him and return to the December team, which would mean no place for GMS either...

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

Someone mentioned that they thought Stewart was too clever a player for us and I think there might be an element of truth n that statement also.

SF
    I would say Greg Stewart likes playing football on the deck as such and unfortunately this kind of style doesn’t suit us. We prefer to bypass a good chunk of the park and hoof it upto Sambo and expect him to do wonders with the ball. It’s amusing how folk used to give the likes of Inverness, St.Johnstone etc a hard time for being like this but somehow turn a blind eye to the Anchor Man and his tactics as he can do no wrong!

If I were brave at the bookies, I'd stick money on him scoring today.

I would play him and May or Wilson as the front pairing. Means he needs to drop Cosgrove and that won't happen. No point being on the park if lumping high diagonals is the tactic.

Terrible today. Far too easy off the ball and cost the corner by being a fanny

He's nae a winger and looks increasingly one footed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast