+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preston(home)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    That's the whole point. None of us do. And it's been shocking to watch. We where pretty poor over Xmas aswwll. Lost every game. I thought that was a blip. Turns out that Jan was the odd month. Where we won a few against the bottom sides and played well in one game, Hull.
    I think that's a bit harsh. We were playing top teams in December, and we were unlucky in two or three of those games.
    We are where we are. The points have come in blocks, but we are comfortably clear of relegation.
    Two or three wins will see us about where I expected. I honestly think if we had reached our present points-total more steadily, there would be nowhere near as much complaining. It is the bad run which has led to the general despair and anger.
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 06-03-2019 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think that's a bit harsh. We were playing top teams in December, and we were unlucky in two or three of those games.
    We are where we are. The points have come in blocks, but we are comfortably clear of relegation.
    Two or three wins will see us about where I expected. I honestly think if we had reached our present points-total more steadily, there would be nowhere near as much complaining. It is the bad run which has led to the general despair and anger.
    That's fair enough, we did lose to the top few sides. Now we have just lost to 2 of the bottom 3.
    The bad run is very concerning, and I genuinely don't know where the next win is coming from? Bolton? Maybe? If they play badly I think we could get something? Our defence will make sure they get chances, so we will have to not have an off day up-front. I'm scratching my head look at the other sides we play, and wondering where a win comes from? Wigan are shocking, but only a few points behind. If we lose that one after we lose to Preston and we are in big trouble. Ok, might be that we just about stop up. But that's not 14th. That's way way lower than you thought.

Well, we are three points away from 14th, and 12 away from a relegation spot (taking GD into account)!
    You say you don't know where the next win is coming from. Well, none of us EVER know the next result.
    When QPR were turning out against Leeds, how could anyone possibly have forecast a victory for them, on the back of seven defeats in a row?
    You are also making the assumption that all the teams below us are going to do much better than we are in the remaining games. There is no solid reason for thinking that.

Your right Aucks. You can't predict anything with an exact science. Especially this league. And I do also realise or her teams are also on stinking runs. Wigan must be really poor. I thought they'd have a much better season? Derby had been, but won last night.
    I think I just need to step back. I am being harsh. It has been crap recently, and we keep losing whether we play well or not.

Aucks, I had a blooming good time last season in Div1. Visiting some craxjung little grounds and it was a good season. But my god do we not wanting to go back to places like Shrewsbury again in a hurry. Each week that passes I just feel that huge buffer we had between us not going back there, eaten away. And I just see no real signs of recovery. It's actually getting worse. Maybe we will play crap, get a flukey goal off Breretons ear and win, then go on a run, playing really well again? Who knows?

Bottom-line, this squad looks to have found its level as also-rans, but not no-hopers in the Championship. Mowbray's recent statements suggest he feels that is the case too.
    Purely guessing, I'd say he will be looking for about four experienced players in the summer, as well as trying out two or three of the youngsters.
    Davenport's injury problems have been a big down-factor, because I'm sure TM had him in mind as a faster, more dynamic natural in the "holding" midfield position - but one with more attacking instincts than Smallwood or Evans.
    If Chapman gets into the starting line-up at some point this season, I will be very interested to see the formation. I am trying to work out where he will fit in, if Armstrong and Bennett are also in the team - especially as we definitely can't play without a holding midfielder, given the insecurity of our defence at the moment.
    Perhaps we should try this three-at-the-back business from the start - just to shake things up. Difficult without Lenihan, though. Currently, Nyambe and Bell look better going forward then defending!

Yeah I think we where very unlucky losing Davenport. He'd have been a starter I think.
    And that's the real dilemma with our formation? Do we go more attacking, as you say, once Chapman gets into the side? Play Armstrong aswell, and Dack & Graham. Which means sacrificing a CM. And our defensive frailties shown up even more?
    Or just keep going and persevere. Hoping we come through this patch. 3 at the back could be an option, I think Lenihan is it a game or 2 away from returning? Try it then.

Aaaah, calm reasoning returns ? 😏

I did wonder about this possibility for the Preston game:

Raya (Leutwiler?)
    Nyambe/Rodwell Williams Mulgrew
    Bennett Travis Reed Rothwell Bell
    Dack Graham.

My thinking is to make the midfield stronger at the expense of sacrificing one of the front three.
    I don't think Rothwell is much of a tackler, but he wouldn't need to be with Bennett, Travis and Reed in there.
    A bit harsh on Armstrong, I know, but he could get the last 20 minutes.
    I don't know if Nyambe or Rodwell would be the better bet for the third centre-back position.
    I'd quite like to see Chapman, Nuttall and Davenport on the bench.
    Interestingly, a Rovers supporter who watched the Under-23 game against West Ham said Nuttall was the best player on the pitch.

Robin. As it's still before the match day, can I change my prediction?

Rovers 2 - 1 Preston

Yes champs
    Predictions can change up to kick off on match day
    Why the change of heart champs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)