+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do the right thing Big Dave - GO NOW!

Do the right thing Big Dave - GO NOW!

Last night was the worst game of football attended for many years. Leeds supplier friends insisted on getting tickets for us and thought great - corporate. Shocked when their idea of good seats was next to the Kop where the supporter who ran on the pitch was thrown out. Most horrible one eyed supporters ever known and worse than the Vile. Had it been noticed we were Baggies we would have got hammered into the seats.

Could not believe the 4-3-3 at Leeds. It confirms Darren Moore is thick and a cxxx too. To play Barry again with Livermore and a young Harper was asking for trouble. Even the Leeds supporters around me were licking their lips at the formation.

Big Dave said when we played QPR it was a game too far then to play Sheffield on the Saturday as tired limbs were evident. Well Leeds played QPR too on a Tuesday and had one day less to prepare - they came out with speed, energy and ran us ragged. So Big Dave - shut your stupid thick trap with comments like this in future.

Robson Kanu - what the f uck does this waste of space bring!!!! No pace so where was Murphy or Montero? Tosser at the back and Holgate again were having a mare!!!

Not one single effort on goal - LIKE SHEFFIELD! Gayle again effective as on the wing and pounced on whenever he did have the ball! Livermore banging the drums before the game about going for it - he couldn't go for it in a brothel as absolutely ineffective.

With Big Dave in charge - we will be lucky to make the play offs. The tide has turned too with feelings of Darren Moore after last night! Does he ever learn - same old same old!!!! No because he's thick and clueless!!!

Get rid and never ever been this annoyed. Can someone convince me the last two games with zero chances, zero creativity and zero effort are better than pre Darren Moore days. At least there was organisation before albeit the football was dire but against much better opposition.

Post match comments by Darren Moore were the usual thick words! Not Happy. Surely the Board must be looking for a replacement unless we get three points against Ipswich - oh I forgot it will be too expensive!!!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 02-03-2019 at 08:36 AM.

The worst thing that has happened to this club over the last twelve months wasn't being relegated, it was winning the handful of games at the end of last season under Moore. This made it hard for the board to remove him and easy to appoint him. If they hadn't I feel we would have done much better this season.
    I know we are top 6 but many of our performances have been very poor and team selection becomes weirder and weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Last night was the worst game of football attended for many years. Leeds supplier friends insisted on getting tickets for us and thought great - corporate. Shocked when their idea of good seats was next to the Kop where the supporter who ran on the pitch was thrown out. Most horrible one eyed supporters ever known and worse than the Vile. Had it been noticed we were Baggies we would have got hammered into the seats.

Could not believe the 4-3-3 at Leeds. It confirms Darren Moore is thick and a cxxx too. To play Barry again with Livermore and a young Harper was asking for trouble. Even the Leeds supporters around me were licking their lips at the formation.

Big Dave said when we played QPR it was a game too far then to play Sheffield on the Saturday as tired limbs were evident. Well Leeds played QPR too on a Tuesday and had one day less to prepare - they came out with speed, energy and ran us ragged. So Big Dave - shut your stupid thick trap with comments like this in future.

Robson Kanu - what the f uck does this waste of space bring!!!! No pace so where was Murphy or Montero? Tosser at the back and Holgate again were having a mare!!!

Not one single effort on goal - LIKE SHEFFIELD! Gayle again effective as on the wing and pounced on whenever he did have the ball! Livermore banging the drums before the game about going for it - he couldn't go for it in a brothel as absolutely ineffective.

With Big Dave in charge - we will be lucky to make the play offs. The tide has turned too with feelings of Darren Moore after last night! Does he ever learn - same old same old!!!! No because he's thick and clueless!!!

Get rid and never ever been this annoyed. Can someone convince me the last two games with zero chances, zero creativity and zero effort are better than pre Darren Moore days. At least there was organisation before albeit the football was dire but against much better opposition.

Post match comments by Darren Moore were the usual thick words! Not Happy. Surely the Board must be looking for a replacement unless we get three points against Ipswich - oh I forgot it will be too expensive!!!!
    You went to the game, therefore you have every right to be pxxxxd. As I've said earlier, it was painful viewing.

But I do disagree with you, I wouldn't say there was zero effort in the last couple of games, but we have clearly been outrun. We had a clear chance in the last minute v Sheff Utd and HRK had a good chance last night at 2-0. I'm not saying we deserved anything out of both games, but it may have made things more interesting.

My opinion is, looking at the season as a whole and not the last two games, these are much better days than the Pulis/Pardew era's.

Moore is very reactive, so I expect he'll change it for Ipswich. But we have looked toothless going forward in the last couple of games and a lot of that blame has to go to our midfield and forwards.

It's always very emotive after you've been thumped. If we finish in the top 6 which I think we will do, then I think its been a good season and we have a chance of promotion through the play offs. I'm still firmly behind Moore and he's still learning as a manager and he's done a lot better than some more experienced ones. It's impossible to think we will walk every game in this league.

Getting rid of Moore is not the answer IMO.

I wouldn't even put him back in charge of the kids, at the starting level kids need the very best of everything, they need good training not some one eyed thicko in charge of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    You went to the game, therefore you have every right to be pxxxxd. As I've said earlier, it was painful viewing.

But I do disagree with you, I wouldn't say there was zero effort in the last couple of games, but we have clearly been outrun. We had a clear chance in the last minute v Sheff Utd and HRK had a good chance last night at 2-0. I'm not saying we deserved anything out of both games, but it may have made things more interesting.

My opinion is, looking at the season as a whole and not the last two games, these are much better days than the Pulis/Pardew era's.

Moore is very reactive, so I expect he'll change it for Ipswich. But we have looked toothless going forward in the last couple of games and a lot of that blame has to go to our midfield and forwards.

It's always very emotive after you've been thumped. If we finish in the top 6 which I think we will do, then I think its been a good season and we have a chance of promotion through the play offs. I'm still firmly behind Moore and he's still learning as a manager and he's done a lot better than some more experienced ones. It's impossible to think we will walk every game in this league.

Definitely the answer. How many times does the twick idiot need to understand - 4-3-3 does NOT work especially with Livermore and Barry. Leeds at all places to use this formation. Barry is not the answer against fast speedy teams and Livermore is going through the motions. Hernandez and Roberts were sheer class!!! Where's our bit of magic since Barnes left? Could be Murphy or Montero but they were on the bench - why have them on loan? Gayle is NOT a f uckin winger.

How come Leeds were not tired after Tuesday? Leeds were intense - full of energy and zippy!!!

All right you saying Moore will make changes. Wow - nothing has been done since Boxing Day with those glaringly obvious issues we have - formation - selection - subs - playing out from the back and Gayle wasted!!!!

I don't mind losing 123 - its the manner of it!!!! Don't please mention one effort last night and one against Sheffield - both games we were easily beaten easily by much better shape teams with technical nous who had mountains of energy!

Get rid quickly and the tides started to turn with feelings last night. We were talking to a number of supporters coming out at the back of the stand where the coaches were parked on the waste land - many had lost patience with Moore! Leeds supporters expected to get beaten last night and could not believe how easy it was - and believe me it was so so easy!!! Even Leeds supporters could not believe our formation with a 38 year old and Livermore!!!

To think Roberts financed that w anker from Liverpool!!! He loved playing against Barry that's for sure..........
    Last edited by baggieal; 02-03-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Definitely the answer. How many times does the twick idiot need to understand - 4-3-3 does NOT work especially with Livermore and Barry. Leeds at all places to use this formation. Barry is not the answer against fast speedy teams and Livermore is going through the motions. Hernandez and Roberts were sheer class!!! Where's our bit of magic since Barnes left? Could be Murphy or Montero but they were on the bench - why have them on loan? Gayle is NOT a f uckin winger.

How come Leeds were not tired after Tuesday? Leeds were intense - full of energy and zippy!!!

All right you saying Moore will make changes. Wow - nothing has been done since Boxing Day with those glaringly obvious issues we have - formation - selection - subs - playing out from the back and Gayle wasted!!!!

I don't mind losing 123 - its the manner of it!!!! Don't please mention one effort last night and one against Sheffield - both games we were easily beaten easily by much better shape teams with technical nous who had mountains of energy!

Get rid quickly and the tides started to turn with feelings last night. We were talking to a number of supporters coming out at the back of the stand where the coaches were parked on the waste land - many had lost patience with Moore!
    He absolutely got tactics and team selection completely wrong last night. I imagine he thought it's been working well away from home and he would stick with it. Like I say, its raw immediately after a heavy defeat. I still want him as manager and I want him to succeed.

We have a run of winnable games coming up now where we can build some momentum going into the play offs. He has to change team selection and formation around going forwards and I think he will.

Looking at this season, we've scored a lot of goals, transitioned our play, integrated youth players and for large parts its been entertaining. Let's see where we finish and how we end the season.

Sacking a manager when we are 4th and still in with a shout of promotion is not the answer.

Not that long ago we were extremely well organised, we would never consider having 3 up front, let alone 2, and often with the only/lonely forward we often looked like playing without one (1) at times. We were as entertaining to watch as watching paint dry (maybe paint had the upper hand).

After that came a head coach without a clue, and everything was havoc and mayhem.

Many, even on this board (&#128526, rightly so cried for change with these two head coaches in charge.

And, many things have changed, we play attacking and entertaining football that, often, def not yesterday, is pleasing to the eye. We win more games (of course playing a step below has a lot to do with that), and we are still in the play off race.

I am hugely disappointed by ”the performance” of yesterday - I think all 14 players who were used under achieved, some def more than others. We were humiliated, not only due to how Leeds were playing, but, to our own short comings.

Good enough professional players should be able to perform no matter what system (4-4-2 etc) is applied. You also sometimes see the best goal scorers for a team play on the wing (Salah, Hazard, Henry did, etc). Btw, no other comparison to our players...

As I’ve stated before - I don’t think we have the best squad in the league, far from it, and not the squad to push for automatic promotion. Reaching the play offs would be a positive achievement.

Finally, a word to consider maybe, perspective.

Sadly, after our home games since Xmas and last night's shocking performance, it is obvious that we are missing Barnes and Phillips. When we had those two as part of our armoury we looked a different side. This is the problem with loan players, they're not yours and if you do have them you should make sure that there is no clause giving them the option to return to their parent club until the end of the season. There's nothing we can do regarding Barnes and hopefully Phillips will be fit for the next game but there is something that we can do regarding who we play where and the system that we adopt. DM, please take note.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post

If Moore is still learning as a manager why the feck did we give him the job in the first place, in our most important season in our recent history?
    He has zero experience as any kind of manager, and to throw him into the Lions den of the championship was lunacy.
    As Chris said he got lucky with results last season and the board were scared of racial prejudice if they gave the job to someone else. They caved in to pressure groups.
    Sentiment will never win you anything.

I watched the game around the pub with some Wolves friends, and i was embarrassed when they kept putting the camera on Moore. What a big gormless looking bugger he looked.
    No ideas, no plan B, no charisma no passion.
    No chance of him ever getting sent to the stands.
    He has rode his luck by having a good squad despite his awful tactics, but now that luck has run out.
    I don't think we will make play offs under this buffoon.

The difference between Moore the player ( inspirational) and Moore the manager ( invisible) is down to his physical size and heart on the pitch ......he was never a shouter or great communicator,I don’t remember him being captain although I may be wrong?

As a manager ( in any field ) the most important facet is how you articulate your thoughts and excite and inspire the team around you.

I said before he was appointed that during a stint on BBC 1 Midlands late night football programme a few years ago he was dreadful.

Slow speaking,ridden with cliches,no insightful comments.

I watch his interviews and find myself telling to “speed up FFS” as you watch the cogs slowly turning as he mentally gropes for the next sentence.

It’s painful and embarrassing to watch.

Sometimes in life people sometimes get promoted into positions they can’t cope with.....local councils and government ministers like “Failing” Grayling are examples.

You have to put people out of their misery sometimes and this is the case with Moore.

I’d suggest that if he was offered a long contract to work at the academy he’d probably be relieved.

The present situation is not sustainable,he will be booted in the summer if we fail to go up so we might as well do it now whilst interesting options are available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)