+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Club off the market?

who else could "buy" land from the club, for one of his other businesses....... without actually handing the money over for it ......

in my view and most others that is thieving. you could say it was thieving from himself but business doesn't work that way. that money should have been in the clubs bank account and be used for the clubs benefit for players, facilities whatever. it was revenue generated by the club ..... on paper he was just too tight to hand over the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    who else could "buy" land from the club, for one of his other businesses....... without actually handing the money over for it ......

in my view and most others that is thieving. you could say it was thieving from himself but business doesn't work that way. that money should have been in the clubs bank account and be used for the clubs benefit for players, facilities whatever. it was revenue generated by the club ..... on paper he was just too tight to hand over the cash.
    I thought the land was under lease?

it isn't just advertising, its sponsorship and all aspects of his running of the club.

the catering side etc ,,, .he couldn't be arsed so he lets someone else make and keep the profit.. cos let's face it if they weren't making a profit they wouldn't still be there. and anyway at the prices charged.... you couldn't fail to make millions.

the skimming off of profit from merchandise to ****ty direct.

the way the club shops are now tatty and cheap

in every aspect of running this club he has failed miserably to make the most profit efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

No, you didn't.

the land over the road that he has just sold for a profit to build student flats on instead of holding on in case we ever wanted to expand.

it isn't just advertising, its sponsorship and all aspects of his running of the club.

the catering side etc ,,, .he couldn't be arsed so he lets someone else make and keep the profit.. cos let's face it if they weren't making a profit they wouldn't still be there. and anyway at the prices charged.... you couldn't fail to make millions.

the skimming off of profit from merchandise to ****ty direct.

the way the club shops are now tatty and cheap

in every aspect of running this club he has failed miserably to make the most profit efficiently.
    Fair enough.
    The man is not an angel. He will do what's best for his interests. It may not suit everyone but the thing is it's something that we are not exactly in control of collectively...and collectively is the key. You see, individually we are all in control of what we do and could
    affect what he does by count of individuals, yet we know that doing anything individually will have zero effect and collectively we, as people will simply follow routine and loyalty to a greater cause.

In a nutshell we all love Newcastle United and all that goes with what the club stands for.
    The rest is in the hands of those that are custodians of the club and who do what they see, has to be done.
    Unfortunately there will always be issues with this stance with all owners/custodians, against the loyalty of the fanbase.

We can beat him with a stick. We can abuse him verbally. We can ask the world to lend a media hand. We can ask MP's to take it to parliament to get what we all think we deserve as fans and what we think the club deserves in its day to day running.

We can all bash our heads against brick walls. But you know what?

Amid all of it I don't worry.
    I want better. I want more excitement and quality but I know I'm not in control of it, so I simply live on what if and I hope.
    My overall Newcastle United mindset is focused on who plays for the club from bottom to top but ultimately the squad at the business end.
    This is 99.9% my focus over anything else, as long as I know that the club is in decent enough fettle to carry this on.

Mike Ashley as a person means nothing to me as I mean nothing to him, personally.
    However, as a owner/custodian, he ensures we have all the ingredients in place, however flimsy some may see them.
    Until someone better comes along then he runs the show and I'll always be a Newcastle United fan whether he's here till I snuff it or another 10 owners are here until I snuff it.

Any which way won't change my allegiance but with each day there's always something new.

I don't half rabbit on but I can't seem to help it.
    Last edited by ghostrider; 04-03-2019 at 12:19 AM.

the land over the road that he has just sold for a profit to build student flats on instead of holding on in case we ever wanted to expand.
    I thought there was no more scope to expand due to foundation issues.

I thought there was no more scope to expand due to foundation issues.
    As a man who thinks he knows everything you really no phuck all.Hes just sold land at Strawberry Place that he bought from the club for peanuts then sold for massive profit.Stop pretending you didn't know.Your not clever enough to fool anyone on here.Never thought I would see the day a so called Newcastle fan would be quite happy to see a cockney spiv pimp the club for all it's worth and be quite happy about it.Your a disgrace to every Newcastle fan.

I can’t believe someone can be a supporter of this club and not be outraged by the way the club’s being run. Noone can be that easily pleased.
    Talking about clubs who have splashed millions? It’s getting boring now - for ump****th time, there are very few supporters who want that. Before Almiron the club’s record of strengthening the squad has been nothing short of shocking, especially when you remember the sale o Mitro.

The stadium is looking shabby and the training ground is in need of a revamp. How can anyone be pleased with that and think he’s running the club well? He’s creaming money off the club to finance his other businesses meaning we will never reach our full potential while he is the owner and when you remember who our manager is, it’s s crying shame.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I can’t believe someone can be a supporter of this club and not be outraged by the way the club’s being run. Noone can be that easily pleased.
    Talking about clubs who have splashed millions? It’s getting boring now - for ump****th time, there are very few supporters who want that. Before Almiron the club’s record of strengthening the squad has been nothing short of shocking, especially when you remember the sale o Mitro.

The stadium is looking shabby and the training ground is in need of a revamp. How can anyone be pleased with that and think he’s running the club well? He’s creaming money off the club to finance his other businesses meaning we will never reach our full potential while he is the owner and when you remember who our manager is, it’s s crying shame.
    Who said anything about anyone being pleased?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)