+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Club off the market?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I certainly don't know everything. However I do like to question stuff and I do have a solid stance on my own opinions.

So you say he bought strawberry place from the club for peanuts.
    I didn't know the club owned strawberry place. I thought the football club was on leased land.

Who originally bought strawberry place for the club?
    I've looked it up and apparently there doesn't seem to be any issues against club expansion because of this sale. It appears to strengthen the city in many aspects, providing office space and accomodation plus pedestrian routes whilst still being far enough away to not hamper any future expansion if so desired.

However I was still under the impression from years ago when Sir John Hall extended the stadium that it was an issue at first to extend due to foundation strength.

It boils down to Ashley making a profit I suppose. Would it have helped to scupper plans for the betterment of the city and for Ashley to maybe hand the land over for a pittance or something?
    nah the only expansion possible was by straddling the road. using the land on strawberry place. which he "bought from the club" but didn't actually give the club the money for it. the profit he sold it for is going into his pocket and i presume he will now give the club the money he owes them for the land.

cheatin shyster

Defending the running of the club?
    What do you see from outside that gives you inside info?
    You are looking from afar like we all are.

My posts look at all angles like I said earlier.
    I don't act all pleased about it all. I accept that there's a lot I can't do about it, good or bad or indifferent, other than simply be the Newcastle fan that I've always been and with opinions that I go with, just like you go with your opinions.

There's a lot about the club not to be pleased about from bottom to top, not just one man or one specific.
    But then again Newcastle United has rarely been that different in the grand scheme of things throughout my life.
    I have the same view of my club as I do of Bournemoth, Wolves, Watford or any other club, you t*t. Don’t pretend you have some kind of privileged angle on this. It’s not that complicated to see what’s happening and judging by the guff you spout you know less than the average supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I have the same view of my club as I do of Bournemoth, Wolves, Watford or any other club, you t*t. Don’t pretend you have some kind of privileged angle on this. It’s not that complicated to see what’s happening and judging by the guff you spout you know less than the average supporter.
    I think it is a bit complicated to see what's happening. I don't think any of us know what the actual truth is on the whole of any of it.

Of course we can all speculate. We can definitely make a best guess.
    People can, by majority come to a certain conclusion to many a story.

If we are all honest with ourselves we have very little to go on other than media snippets and a few choice words from the mouths of those that can be deciphered in many different ways, as they have been.

This is why there's conflict of opinions. It isn't just a done and dusted one horse race where the villain is just that and that's that and no more needs to be said.

You know as well as anyone that there are always many sides to a story and certainly extremely rarely, just one.

I think it is a bit complicated to see what's happening. I don't think any of us know what the actual truth is on the whole of any of it.

Of course we can all speculate. We can definitely make a best guess.
    People can, by majority come to a certain conclusion to many a story.

If we are all honest with ourselves we have very little to go on other than media snippets and a few choice words from the mouths of those that can be deciphered in many different ways, as they have been.

This is why there's conflict of opinions. It isn't just a done and dusted one horse race where the villain is just that and that's that and no more needs to be said.

You know as well as anyone that there are always many sides to a story and certainly extremely rarely, just one.

We all know apart from you he is selling off assets.

We all know apart from you he is pocketing incoming transfer funds and TV money.

We all know apart from you he is neglecting the infrastructure of the club and every where everything is becoming run down.

We all know apart from you that while every single club in the premiership apart from us is upgrading youth training facilities ours are being neglected.

Man you dance on a pinhead. Or are you merely an attention seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    We all know apart from you he is selling off assets.
    What assets is he selling off, unless you mean strawberry place for building and in which there seems to be a grey area in how it would negate any future expansion on its own.
    I see there was always a metro that potentially scuppered expansion but I'm not entirely sure on any of it. Are you?

Or does this come back to the free advertising? We've argued this before and we can argue free interest on loans and so on and so on. It just doesn't go away.
    Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie
    We all know apart from you he is pocketing incoming transfer funds and TV money.
    So why is he bothering to splash out 21 million for Almiron in January?
    Surely it can't be to simply avoid relegation, because we were doing ok without Almiron at the time and if he wanted to pocket funds, surely he wouldn't spew 21 million out on a player and a record signing if his goal was to simply pocket funds.

So what are you seeing or hearing?
    Or have you some accounts proof that he's trousering to the detriment of the club?

We all know apart from you he is neglecting the infrastructure of the club and every where everything is becoming run down.
    Then he needs to restructure. Maybe he is doing that as we speak. Maybe the timing is right now. I mean the tunnel seems to be getting restructured and level 7 and such getting a lick of paint. maybe in time it will all get spruced up.
    Do I know for sure? No. But do you know for sure it won't?

We all know apart from you that while every single club in the premiership apart from us is upgrading youth training facilities ours are being neglected.
    Ok so we need an upgrade. Fair enough. How bad is it? I don't know, do you?
    Are the players up in arms about it?
    Are the management up in arms about it?
    Are the facilities unfit for purpose apart from not being state of the art like a lot of new grounds and some revamped premier grounds?

Man you dance on a pinhead. Or are you merely an attention seeker.
    Most likely an attention seeker in one way I suppose.
    I suppose by typing on here I must be attention seeking if I'm adding input to maybe gain correspondence to it.
    What does that make you? Are you attention seeking or does it ju7st apply to the minority opinion?

Ashley complaining about people trying to buy the club on the cheap. Classic it's what he does with every player we want to sign.

And how he is trying to monopolise the High Street.You do it tubby so dont moan when others try the same tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    Ashley complaining about people trying to buy the club on the cheap. Classic it's what he does with every player we want to sign.
    He’s even bought Almiron with a loan so that puts the Club more in debt even though there should be ample funds to pay for this transfer outright.

What assets is he selling off, unless you mean strawberry place for building and in which there seems to be a grey area in how it would negate any future expansion on its own.
    I see there was always a metro that potentially scuppered expansion but I'm not entirely sure on any of it. Are you?

Or does this come back to the free advertising? We've argued this before and we can argue free interest on loans and so on and so on. It just doesn't go away.
    Anything else?

So why is he bothering to splash out 21 million for Almiron in January?
    Surely it can't be to simply avoid relegation, because we were doing ok without Almiron at the time and if he wanted to pocket funds, surely he wouldn't spew 21 million out on a player and a record signing if his goal was to simply pocket funds.

So what are you seeing or hearing?
    Or have you some accounts proof that he's trousering to the detriment of the club?

Then he needs to restructure. Maybe he is doing that as we speak. Maybe the timing is right now. I mean the tunnel seems to be getting restructured and level 7 and such getting a lick of paint. maybe in time it will all get spruced up.
    Do I know for sure? No. But do you know for sure it won't?

Ok so we need an upgrade. Fair enough. How bad is it? I don't know, do you?
    Are the players up in arms about it?
    Are the management up in arms about it?
    Are the facilities unfit for purpose apart from not being state of the art like a lot of new grounds and some revamped premier grounds?

Most likely an attention seeker in one way I suppose.
    I suppose by typing on here I must be attention seeking if I'm adding input to maybe gain correspondence to it.
    What does that make you? Are you attention seeking or does it ju7st apply to the minority opinion?

As well as Strawberry Place, every single decent player we have had has been sold and the money pocketed.

So how has he splashed out £21 million on Almiron when he was bought on the knock with the debt racked up to the club. You know and we know Ashley has paid zilch.

Mabe he is restructuring but most likely he isn't as he hasn't in 11 years and he doesn't like spending money on Newcastle United. It's a cash cow for hin to take money out. If you can't see that then there is no hope for any of your weak arguments. Is the tunnel getting a lick of paint. HOW BLOODY FANTASTIC.

How bad are the facilities you ask certainly not as good as 3rd tier Sunderlands. Rafa and every manager before him has asked Ashley to upgrade and invest. Instead we go backwards.

And I got it wrong about you dancing on a pin head. You are dancing on the Pin point.

But we should all thank him for pretending to reinvest the money he has taken out of the club.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)