+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Two formal offers" made

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Until the potential new owners have had a chance to look through the books with a fine toothcomb, I can't see any of them coming forward. Should they see something they don't like, they'll walk away from the deal anonymously.

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper reporter has been misinformed and it won't be the last. When was the last time any local journalist uncovered something the club didn't want anyone to know about? They couldn't really find anything on the Munto debacle, which the National press seemed to uncover first.
    It was Sol Campbell's agent / solicitor who was / were first to shout 'cheat'.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Haydn Green was an astonishing benefactor to Notts. He wanted no fame, no adulation, not even any thanks and it still makes my blood boil thinking about how shoddily his estate and family were treated. Sorry, I know that's not what we are talking about but it was the most shameful time in Notts history.
    Couldn't agree more. Haydn Green is one of very few people who occupy the same level as Jimmy and Jack as true Notts legends for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Haydn Green is one of very few people who occupy the same level as Jimmy and Jack as true Notts legends for me.
    David Conn wrote a very good piece about the unpaid debt (in more ways than one) here: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/da...ounty-takeover

What an utter chit JAH was.... absolutely despicable.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Until the potential new owners have had a chance to look through the books with a fine toothcomb, I can't see any of them coming forward. Should they see something they don't like, they'll walk away from the deal anonymously.

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper reporter has been misinformed and it won't be the last. When was the last time any local journalist uncovered something the club didn't want anyone to know about? They couldn't really find anything on the Munto debacle, which the National press seemed to uncover first.

All good points but I'd prefer them to use a fine-toothed comb.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That's a fair point, of course they would deny involvement and unless he has absolute concrete proof they aren't involved, then I think that may be a misstep from Scoop. If it turns out they are part of it, how can anyone then take him as a credible source?
    Interesting! Lots of people don't seem to believe what's coming out of the club. Yet here, it's not the club that are being doubted if they haven't told him the truth - what he says isn't credible. You couldn't make it up!

Am I the only one who believes there really are 2 credible bidders?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Interesting! Lots of people don't seem to believe what's coming out of the club. Yet here, it's not the club that are being doubted if they haven't told him the truth - what he says isn't credible. You couldn't make it up!

Yes Alan !

If you believe there are 2 credible bidders, that's fine. If other people don't, also fine. For me the truth probably lies somewhere inbetween.

We've all heard the stories before. Multiple Consortium's, mega rich businessmen or wealthy foreign investors vying to buy the club. All of which have never materialised.

We'll probably end up with another Ray Trew/Alan Hardy local businessman who's pockets aren't particularly deep.

Trouble is we've (supporters) been let down so many times before. Defining fact from fiction is very difficult.

Maybe try reading what was said? I was pointing out that he said he doesn't know who the two parties are but has definitely ruled out the two mentioned on here. I was saying that he either has absolutely concrete knowledge that it's not them or he's going to look silly if it turns out to be them. Reading comprehension is essential when on a forum!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast