+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: "Two formal offers" made

To the best of my recollection, the sub-lease cost doesnt vary depending on what division we are in (although obviously there are other implications if we fall below a certain division). As for what we pay, not sure if it has ever been made public, but it is a very small amount (not 12k though) and you could probably rent a large family home in a decent area for not much less than Notts pay. Haydn Green was an astonishing benefactor to Notts. He wanted no fame, no adulation, not even any thanks and it still makes my blood boil thinking about how shoddily his estate and family were treated. Sorry, I know that's not what we are talking about but it was the most shameful time in Notts history.

Wasnt the lease paid for up front to the Council?

It would appear then that the current terms of the lease and the very low cost of it probably represents a positive selling point to any potential buyer?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    It would appear then that the current terms of the lease and the very low cost of it probably represents a positive selling point to any potential buyer?
    It would suit a buyer looking to run a football club. It wouldn't suit a property developer quite so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    It would suit a buyer looking to run a football club. It wouldn't suit a property developer quite so much.
    Well Scoop Curtis has ruled out Gadsby / Roberts i'm just amazed he had an answer to the question he was asked !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Well Scoop Curtis has ruled out Gadsby / Roberts i'm just amazed he had an answer to the question he was asked !
    I know nothing about what's happening at Notts and I would wager he doesn't know much more.

If the potential buyers are under NDA's, why would they confirm if they were one of the biders anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    If the potential buyers are under NDA's, why would they confirm if they were one of the biders anyway?
    That's a fair point, of course they would deny involvement and unless he has absolute concrete proof they aren't involved, then I think that may be a misstep from Scoop. If it turns out they are part of it, how can anyone then take him as a credible source?

Until the potential new owners have had a chance to look through the books with a fine toothcomb, I can't see any of them coming forward. Should they see something they don't like, they'll walk away from the deal anonymously.

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper reporter has been misinformed and it won't be the last. When was the last time any local journalist uncovered something the club didn't want anyone to know about? They couldn't really find anything on the Munto debacle, which the National press seemed to uncover first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    That's a fair point, of course they would deny involvement and unless he has absolute concrete proof they aren't involved, then I think that may be a misstep from Scoop. If it turns out they are part of it, how can anyone then take him as a credible source?
    How can anyone take him as a credible source anyway?

His webchat is a waste of time because you never get a straight answer.

Quote Originally Posted by apieandpint View Post
    Until the potential new owners have had a chance to look through the books with a fine toothcomb, I can't see any of them coming forward. Should they see something they don't like, they'll walk away from the deal anonymously.

It wouldn't be the first time a newspaper reporter has been misinformed and it won't be the last. When was the last time any local journalist uncovered something the club didn't want anyone to know about? They couldn't really find anything on the Munto debacle, which the National press seemed to uncover first.
    The local press weren't even the first people breaking news in the Munto season let alone finding out inside info, it was The Sun that broke the story about Sven originally

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast